The Anemone Feels the Heat - Ch. 43.2 - Misunderstanding (2)

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I blame Nagisa on this. Now I'm glad that she told off her admirer, but she should've done so sooner rather than just standing there. But what made it worse imo was Nagisa wishing or wanting Mashiro to tell her why she said what she said, just moments after refusing to tell Mashiro about the debate tournament (which I'm guessing is a subject that's gonna pop up again).

Supporter
It feels like this character is way too aggressive in a way that doesn't mesh with other character's reactions. Like as it stands everyone else feels way too muted on the whole thing.

Described in another comment as robotic and inorganic which basically describes how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the editor is forcing the author into it.
I really do wonder if this is the case with yuri manga at times. So many serialized ones just force some unnecessary completely out of the blue and 100% unfitting drama into their works that it feels like it is, amongst some other tropes, a necessary checklist to fill.
If you write a genre, I presume most of the time you'd also read and enjoy the genre, so one would think you'd then avoid the most disliked and annoying tropes or if you must do them, do them in a way that is satisfactory or lampshades them or at the very least is quickly done and over with.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, and I am typing this as a massive fan of this series, this has to be some of the worst writing in a (GL-)romance manga, ever.

This is so fucking flat. It just is a huge pile of nothing ruining whole characters. Feels 0% organic. Fully forced and robotic. Nothing flows.
It isn't because of the drama itself mind you. Both mains were reasonable and fighting the same evil that caused some.. intense stress(?) in Mashiro (questionable writing in itself at this point). It is the way the "misunderstandings" (they really aren't) were forced in with some of the worst conversation possible that makes this so insanely dogshit. Yikes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I normally don't side with someone who just told "I don't want you to meet with your friend because I'm insecure" but I'm gonna side with Mashiro here just because that Kohai has been doing nothing but badmouthing her. It's not her place to decide what Nagisa does during her time or whom she hang out with. It's also fucking rude to decide that Mashiro is an obstacle.

For gooddess' sake, Naigasa shouldn't have to ask "Why". Girl, your so-called 'Kohai' just said that your girlfriend is just 'obstacle' to you and say bad about her every time and you asked why she doesn't want you to meet that girl. I don't know. maybe you should just recall what your kohai said about your girlfriend.

Last edited:
I am also on Mashiro's side this time, that Kohai is too hostile to her, I hope this drama doesn't last long as I want to see more moments with both Mashiro and Nagisa as they are my favorite couple in this series.

And I don't know if it's just me but the quality in the last two chapters felt a bit low, not that much but compared to the initial chapters, it might have been because of the tone of the chapter, and unfortunately these last chapters were shorter. :(

Dex-chan lover
This is so fucking flat. It just is a huge pile of nothing ruining whole characters. Feels 0% organic. Fully forced and robotic. Nothing flows.
It isn't because of the drama itself mind you. Both mains were reasonable and fighting the same evil that caused some.. intense stress(?) in Mashiro (questionable writing in itself at this point). It is the way the "misunderstandings" (they really aren't) were forced in with some of the worst conversation possible that makes this so insanely dogshit. Yikes.
I've said this in the first part. This is what happens when author couldn't make plan a new chapter due to the reason such as health issue.

Dex-chan lover
Glasses chick is an unlikeable cunt with no redeeming aspects what so ever, this is a dog shit arc and makes the characters involved actively look dumber and less interesting. No one talks like this in real life and know one would allow them selves or their partner to be talked to like this either .. it's just fuckin dumb

Dex-chan lover
Both sides mirror each other with “tell me about it” and “no”. Seriously both of them decide they don’t want to answer the question the other asks? :notlikethis:

Users who are viewing this thread