The Anemone Feels the Heat - Ch. 43.2 - Misunderstanding (2)

Dex-chan lover
Ok? From the drawing/setup, you can tell what author wants you to feel but this fell so flat that now its flat earther's favorite manga. I've seen a good amount of artifical drama but this, this is something else. What a waste of time

Double-page supporter
Definitely, this is a dumb arc.
The kouhai is badmouthing Mashiro since the start and Nagisa act now to tell her off (two chapter later, but well).
It can stop right here, right now. But no. She go off to say "I'll show you that, even with Mashiro as gf, I'm the best". we're in a shonen now ?:dogkek:. It's stupid af, nobody do that (well is romcom trope, but come on...). She don't have to prove anything to someone who is just a jerk to Mashiro.
And if Nagisa fail, Kouhai will harass Mashiro even more until a break up ? :kek:
The kouhai is part of the worst obstacle I've seen in a romcom : a device with no redeeming qualities. She's only here to torment Mashiro. And for what purpose ? character growth by guilt trip ?

This is badly written. Now, look forward for some drifting apart chapter because of a cheap artificial drama which fell flat.:huh:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wake me up when this arc ends cause this useless drama already bores me
It's actually wrapped around and is a bit funny now. I can't even be upset at it because the direction was so predictable, as mentioned in previous chapters (here or on dynasty). I'm just in the "wow it really did do that, huh?" sort of space.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely, this is a dumb arc.
The kouhai is badmouthing Mashiro since the start and Nagisa act now to tell her off (two chapter later, but well).
It can stop right here, right now. But no. She go off to say "I'll show you that, even with Mashiro as gf, I'm the best". we're in a shonen now ?:dogkek:. It's stupid af, nobody do that (well is romcom trope, but come on...). She don't have to prove anything to someone who is just a jerk to Mashiro.
And if Nagisa fail, Kouhai will harass Mashiro even more until a break up ? :kek:
The kouhai is part of the worst obstacle I've seen in a romcom : a device with no redeeming qualities. She's only here to torment Mashiro. And for what purpose ? character growth by guilt trip ?

This is badly written. Now, look forward for some drifting apart chapter because of a cheap artificial drama which fell flat.:huh:
It was a good idea to introduce some degree of jealousy tho. It was just the execution that fell short.

Double-page supporter
It was a good idea to introduce some degree of jealousy tho. It was just the execution that fell short.
the execution don't fell short, it's badly done.:nyoron:
I know is for the sake for some degree of jealousy. But no, not like this. It make Nagisa almost dumb and Mashiro take more mental damage for nothing

Double-page supporter
Ngl, and I am typing this as a massive fan of this series, this has to be some of the worst writing in a (GL-)romance manga, ever.

This is so fucking flat. It just is a huge pile of nothing ruining whole characters. Feels 0% organic. Fully forced and robotic. Nothing flows.
It isn't because of the drama itself mind you. Both mains were reasonable and fighting the same evil that caused some.. intense stress(?) in Mashiro (questionable writing in itself at this point). It is the way the "misunderstandings" (they really aren't) were forced in with some of the worst conversation possible that makes this so insanely dogshit. Yikes.
This has honestly been a long time coming.
I can't recall off the top of my head what happened between them finally getting together and now. It's been a solid 20 chapters of increasingly bland content, now with mindless drama.
This manga and Whispering Me A Love Song fell off hard.

Fed-Kun's army
Remember that time when the time travelers replaced Godzilla with King Ghidorah in order to have a kaiju under their control, but then doing so actually exposed Godzilla to even more powerful radiation and he was reborn 50 meters talled and destroyed the hell out of Ghidorah so in order to stop the new rampaging Godzilla they had to put a suit of armor on Ghidorah in the future and then bring him back to the past and then they Double KO eachother?

So yeah, i bet that debate she doesn't wanna talk about was some real hardcore shit

Dex-chan lover
here i was thinking that this series was nearly over and then the author is like "wait theres more!"

Dex-chan lover
This whole chapter was just pure trash🤦🏼‍♂️

1. Cant somebody just slap/punch the bitch in the face already? Why does she think she have any rights to even talk to them and act like she is important or something?
2. So apparently Nagisa thinks its okay for her to say she wont tell Mashiro something, but when Mashiro does the exact same then Nagisa acts like a little butthurt kid? I get even more mad about the fact that Mashiro starts thinking that she is the one in the wrong here after all that just happened…

This manga have really been going downhill after this random crazy bitch was introduced and now Nagisa is helping dragging in downhill even more… Mashiro break up with her and find someone better for yourself.

Dex-chan lover
I normally don't side with someone who just told "I don't want you to meet with your friend because I'm insecure" but I'm gonna side with Mashiro here just because that Kohai has been doing nothing but badmouthing her. It's not her place to decide what Nagisa does during her time or whom she hang out with. It's also fucking rude to decide that Mashiro is an obstacle.

For gooddess' sake, Naigasa shouldn't have to ask "Why". Girl, your so-called 'Kohai' just said that your girlfriend is just 'obstacle' to you and say bad about her every time and you asked why she doesn't want you to meet that girl. I don't know. maybe you should just recall what your kohai said about your girlfriend.
This chapter proved that Nagisa is a fucking trash Girlfriend and that Mashiro deserve someone way better. Nagisa can get with the kouhai at this point, they deserve each other

Dex-chan lover
I can certainly understand Nagisa's confusion as to why they're both praising her yet arguing but was glad to see her immediately shut down the new girl as soon it becomes an attack on her girlfriend.

I can also see why Mashiro feels bad for trying to control who Nagisa is allowed to see but I'd say it's a valid wish in this case given the girl is so confrontational towards her. Just explain your concerns, you're normally so open so talk. And unless the debate stuff is a past trauma it makes no sense to hide that either.

Dex-chan lover
Can we go back to the student council girls? I was enjoying that a lot more than whatever this is. This chapter is making me not like Nagisa as much.

Dex-chan lover
This is why everyone should think twice before begging GL mangas to not end as soon as the mains get together and to actually show their time as a couple. Because 9 times out of 10, arcs like this (and arcs about the side pairings) are what happens lmao. They can't all be Lonely Girl

Users who are viewing this thread