The Anemone Feels the Heat - Ch. 43.2 - Misunderstanding (2)

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is doing great so far but this arc is so bad almost everything in this arc is nonsense and filler. Did something happen to mangaka?

Dex-chan lover
It feels like the past few chapters have destroyed Nagisa's character. The fact she took this long to shut glasses down for badmouthing her gf (even then it was very mild) and then saying she'll prove to glasses that Mashiro isn't an obstacle?? Who is glasses and why does her opinion matter? The girl constantly insults Mashiro and she doesn't get why she doesn't want her to see glasses anymore?

She's giving Kase-san a run for her money in stupidity

Supporter
It feels like the past few chapters have destroyed Nagisa's character. The fact she took this long to shut glasses down for badmouthing her gf (even then it was very mild) and then saying she'll prove to glasses that Mashiro isn't an obstacle?? Who is glasses and why does her opinion matter? The girl constantly insults Mashiro and she doesn't get why she doesn't want her to see glasses anymore?
There could be an interesting story here about Mashiro getting some confidence in setting boundaries and respecting herself as more than Nagisa's girlfriend.

Like if instead of just insecure she responds with some indignation at being treated like that and Nagisa has to deal with that it could be interesting. Like the idea of people carelessly hurting one another is at least realistic. But I don't think this side character really needs to be involved, that just feels contrived and tropey.

At least I hope this isn't just a paint by numbers jealousy arc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Not only an annoying admirer but also sudden menhera breakdown, will we get a DV or murder plot too next time?

Dex-chan lover
Wake me up when this stupid arc ends. I came to love this manga because of how wholesome it was, but it has been losing its touch since a dozen chapters or so.

Dex-chan lover
Remember that time when the time travelers replaced Godzilla with King Ghidorah in order to have a kaiju under their control, but then doing so actually exposed Godzilla to even more powerful radiation and he was reborn 50 meters talled and destroyed the hell out of Ghidorah so in order to stop the new rampaging Godzilla they had to put a suit of armor on Ghidorah in the future and then bring him back to the past and then they Double KO eachother?
Hahaha, I love that movie. The whole low grade terminator chase scene with the weird android. 😁

Also, it's kind of weird to see a serious attempt at a Scummy Gap Student plot point.

Dex-chan lover
You can always tell when drama is being forced because it makes otherwise pretty smart characters act like complete idiots. So let me get this straight, this random chick calls your girlfriend an "osbtacle" straight to your faces, Nagisa gets upset and tells her to stop this line of thought, then after glasses leaves and Mashiro says she doesn't want Nagisa to meet with that girl again, Nagisa asks "Why?".... What the fuck do you mean "Why?", YOU just got angry on Mashiro's behalf, don't you think the person ACTUALLY BEING BADMOUTHED would also feel angry and wouldn't want to be put trough that again? Previously Nagisa would easily pick up on that and understand Mashiro's feelings but we need to dumb her down for drama's sake.

Dex-chan lover
I assume this drama makes a lot more sense if you're Japanese, not that it would necessarily be  better, but I can't help but feel for us it is infinitely worse due to missing some cultural context.

At least that's why I think drama like this is so common :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread