Angel or Villainess - Ch. 21

Its okay to not love him bc of your trauma but I wish she didnt blame him. Hes a good guy..

maybe because i’m a petty person, i don’t see why she has to treat him well, lol at least in this point in time where all we know for sure is that he treats jayna like trash if another girl flirts with him

I definitely agree with Jayne for sticking to her guns in this timeline. What she went through is a major cause for severe PTSD and even though no one else but her experienced it; that pain, those memories, and her grief are all very real to her. And what's worse is that they all happened very recently. It's only been a few weeks to a month at most since she returned and that is by no means long enough for even scabs to form over those scars. Jayne has every right to treat Cassiel as she does now because she can't unseen him as anything other than the man who deeply hurt and betrayed her. That's just how deep the pain runs, despite it being pitiful for this timeline's poor Cassil.

Also, I've noticed this for a lot of manga, but most time traveling MCs don't ever really make the connections that the overall future WILL change based on their actions, not just the immediate future concerning them.

Like how Angela greatly desires the top tier things, so when Jayne casually mentioned the 2nd Crown Prince to her, Angela made HIM specifically her target and not Cassil in this timeline. Hence the major disconnect for Jayne and her not understanding why Cassil and Angela aren't getting together this time. There's no need now that Angela doesn't need Cassil as a stepping stone to greater power.

Anyways, the point is, most MCs can only see the future in linear form, that the future will walk the same exact path way over and over again with them and their actions being the only exception. By the time they even consider this new possibility, they're already knee deep in their own new actions that they can't bring themselves to change what they planning to do. Jayne is still stuck in the same mindset that the future WILL turn out like it did previously because
she doesn't know about the love potions and mind manipulations Angela pulled with everyone around her
and because certain events are still happening the same way they did in the first timeline. Like Angela trying to harm Jayne's reputation at the tea party the two of them just went to the other day. So to Jayne, Cassil did that of his own free will, so she firmly believes he'll do the same in this timeline, thus to her, her actions are justified to her alone and not necessarily to everyone else.

Which, unfortunately, is also very sad for Cassil since he genuinely does love her, but because of what happened in the first timeline he'll never know the REAL reason why she can no longer love him in return. Think of it in turn like this: This is all a dream for him. Cassil slept walked in the first timeline with him
being completely controlled by Angela's love potion and none of his free will
so all of his actions happened without his consent. Once he fully wakes up though, he's still in love with Jayne and wanting to be with her, this time
without Angela's magical interference,
but the sleep walking damage is already done. He remembers none of it, but Jayne clearly does and has absolutely no intention to forgive him. It is certainly tragic for him since he's being harshly judged upon something he will never be able to know about, but hopefully, in this timeline future he'll find someone new to love. I do essentially pity him because he was a helpless puppet for Angela to carry out her means of reaching the eventual top in the first timeline, but since Jayne can never explain to him her time travel and what he did in the first timeline, he'll be forced to deal with the reality of how one day the person he loved and loved him in return, now wants absolutely nothing to do with him. That's a hard pill for anyone to swallow, especially because he'll never get a reasonable answer on why Jayne is now the way she is towards him. Which is an extremely pitiful situation.

And for the those wondering, the main ML is
the 1st Crown Prince who is barely mentioned because he's supposedly ill and will die soon but he is actually the guy she just met in the last few chapter with the bunny incident at the park. :D

This seems sus, the first story he fell inlove with Angela first sight. When he saw her the second time and she had no intent, he didn’t care. I don’t think just the way she dresses and simple way she would talk would make him fall like that. Especially since it’s also hinting that he still Remembers and cares about the promise they made as they were young... He would’ve remembered it the first storyline too..hmm 😳

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why he likes her this time around?
Is it cause the ho isn't flirting with him this time? How fickle. I wonder if continue to love her 🤔

I was gonna say that Jayna treated Cassiel a bit too harshly this time but then I remembered she's suffering from major PTSD- having everything stripped away from her, being locked in jail, being scorned and treated like dirt by Cassiel and got executed in the end.

I'd forgive her for choosing the path of revenge, after all she'd been through.

i feel bad for cassiel, but at the same time if jayna really did take him back after all the trauma she had in the first timeline then i'd seriously wonder if there's a pit in her brain. the earlier foreshadowing about magic aside, as far as jayna knows cassiel was a prick who broke her heart and basically sentenced her to death; call me harsh but i'd really be disappointed in her if she loses her brain and characterization and still gets together with someone that traumatized her. that just reeks of poor writing and development.

Dex-chan lover
I don't feel bad for Cassiel at all. MC knows that Cassiel has it in him to completely forsake her to imprisonment and death if he happens to fall in love with someone that wishes for it. Clearly that childhood promise means nothing to him and he deserves nothing in terms of sympathy.
You might be asking if it's wrong to punish someone before they commit their sin? In this case, his sin is not an action that he is going to do in the future, but the mere fact that he's two-faced enough to be able to do it in the first place.
Edit:
Apparently there's magical brainwashing involved? That might change my mind.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Jayna and Cassiel remains friend in this timeline.
Like I'm fine if they break their engagement since she obviously no longer loves him and maybe disliked him. Not to mention the PTSD from previous timeline.

@BlueCatMage I figured the story would go something like that from the time the prince was first mentioned, and especially after the park scene, but it really is deeply demoralizing to have my suspicions confirmed. Such a waste of potential.

All these pity comments for Cassiel... like bruh. Yeah he's still with her now but only because that other chick showed no interest in him. Had she flirted with him like in the past, he would've fallen for it again. He has no loyalty. At this point, totally undeserving of my pity

Did Angela use Love Potion on Jayna in the second timeline? The answer is:

Yes, the answer is yes and that was the time she drank the drink prepared by Angela's maid in the earlier chapter. The reason why it didn't work this time because Jayna was protected by the dragon's power after she used the dragon's relic in the first timeline. And yes, Angela was under the love potion effect too in the first timeline, and that is why Jayna was actively protecting Angela no matter how wrong and ridiculous was Angela's action was in the past.

If he was bewitched before, then I feel bad for him in this timeline.
I hope it doesn't end up in revenge for him.

Ahh... Knowing the spoilers, I feel pity for Cassiel. It's truly not his fault but I guess it's fate cause she's dead set on leaving him by the looks of this chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread