Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu. - Vol. 9 Ch. 87 - Diary 87

Thanks for the trad, chapter of transition, memory but also I think a kind of reminder that the two need each other.... the next "flirt" with the girl (or not) of the bar may trigger remorse of conscience I think for nozomi towards shino because she hides her relationship for now.

Dex-chan lover
+39.7°C fever can honestly be quite serious. That's not your usual anime-cold anymore. 🙁

Fed-Kun's army
we're seeing more and more from Nozomi's side how she clearly has feelings for Shino, this chapter with the hard blush and her thoughts. We already know Shino's feelings for Nozomi, so both of em just have to realise that said feelings mean more than just family type love

The two really need to talk to each other properly instead of more stupid "can't really talk cause drama needed". Might be that Heidi will be what finally pushes Shino and Nozomi forward into some sort of progress, cause we really don't need this "can't talk" melodrama to be padded out more... especially when we're near 90 chapters into this story -_-

I know yuri manga love this damn "can't talk for drama" trope, but come on now

Dex-chan lover
Nozomi still can't communicate with Shino when push comes to shove, even after all the character growth of the past few chapters. I really don't know what it's going to take to change that at this point 😥

Is this the 1st time we actually see the brother’s face? For some reason I don’t remember ever seeing it before. Also thanks for the translation!

@Noodlez102 This is the second time we see the brothers face. First time was when Shino came to terms with his death at the beach, I think.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't even describe how FUCKING cute Shino is in this!

@Noodlez102 Brothers face was always blurred out strongly every time as far as I can remember but it got less and less. There must be a higher meaning in his face becoming less and less blurred out as time goes on, maybe? Probably not though.

EDIT: @Noodlez102 Huh. I'm too lazy to check it up. If that's the case then I see no connection to have his face shown so clearly here in Nozomi's dream. Maybe it's the opposite?

Aggregator gang
For once a "high fever" in manga/anime that is actually a high fever. Unlike the standard "Oh nos! Your temperature is 0.2 degrees higher than normal YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!", a fever as high as Nozomi's is genuinely debilitating.

I hope these two can talk properly soon and figure out how much they truly care for each other. I'm not a fan of this Heidi person Nozomi's spending time with.

@voidox
We already know Shino's feelings for Nozomi
At this point there is nothing that really supports such a statement. Everything is way too vague and will probably end as peak yuri bait.

it feels like more platonic than something else..i dont think this will end as romantic rel but anyway, feels good to follow still..

thanks for the update...good thing its not covid..xD

Dex-chan lover
I can't describe how disappointed I am in this manga's newest developments

so much wasted potential

This is just my guesswork so take it as you will, but... I feel like Nozomi is gradually getting more of a reason to move on(?) At the start of the series, Nozomi wanted to be someone Shino can rely on, and Shino didn't want to be a burden. Now we are starting to see Shino become extremely independent. The only problem as of now for Shino is that she doesn't know what Nozomi thinks of her brother at this point. She had a painful look when she saw the brother's ring that was meant for her. As for whether or not Shino wants to be with Nozomi..., we don't know for sure. Shino wants to be independent and I believe she made mention of wanting to try living alone without Nozomi (Don't remember what chapter but I know Nozomi jokingly(?) responded that Shino can just be dependent on her). From Nozomi's perspective, after this chapter, Shino seems completely capable of taking taking care of herself and others. Now addressing the the previous chapter and Nozmoi's call with Heidi, she mentions that she "doesn't expect anything" to come out of their movie date, but for some reason feels guilty. I'm not sure if it's because of possibly lingering feelings for Shino's brother, or if she feels guilty about no longer focusing on her original goal, and instead pursuing a new romance(?)

I see it like this:
Nozomi's original goal -> Become someone Shino can rely on
Shino's original goal -> Not being a burden

After some time:
Shino starts becoming more independent (Working part-time, thinking about her career plans, considers how she would fare living alone, building relationships with others besides Nozomi)
Nozomi sees Shino becoming more independent, thus she starts to think that she doesn't need to continue working on her original goal, which allows her to focus on other things (like moving on from the brother's death, and maybe a new romance)

Again this is all purely my thoughts and guesswork. I honestly don't know what route the author plans to take this. Unless Nozomi and Shino are able to talk things out, this will only end in a shitshow.

@Kamui Yeah,it seems so.. There's hardly any GL/yuri hint in this,more on bait..
Gonna stop my hopes now..

While i am a rater huge yuri fan. I Kina of feel like this story does not need to be one. I have always liked how it is more focused on the both of them accepting his death and gradually move on. Looking forward to future chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread