Ano Hito no I ni wa Boku ga Tarinai - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Together Again

So the vagrants made a group chat. Damn, they sure are modern.

@koikun I've been getting Saya no Uta vibes since the first chapters. The vagrants look amazing.

@DrWhoCares Isn't it like that the Charmling wanted to blend in society so it made a human appearance, but it took a liking to Makie and really wished to be human, so its personality split making the girl a real girl (besides her powers) having a different consciousness from the Charmling while coexisting? Or I just forgot the earlier chapters and made this shit up, I don't know.

Group Leader
@Benjiro I barely remember chapter specifics of chapters I just read, so I dunno and I'm too lazy to go back and check.

My understanding regarding the changeling is that there originally was only the changeling, and it fabricated and implanted memories of Izumi (the fake human) into Makie as a form of Lure, but it got caught in his Eldritch Monster Harem field and decided to copy Sachi. Of course, for a being so good at creating people whole cloth in order to hide its own nature, is it not natural that it fell back on the fake humanity it'd already constructed?

Whether Izumi is still the same individual as the changeling is debatable, though my take is that Izumi is effectively the same sort of being as an author's character that gains a life of its own in and parralel to the author's mind; Izumi is a separate, deliberately made mind within the body of the changeling, and acts independently because the changeling is amorphous enough to split itself apart. On some level, Izumi is the changeling's shitty self-insert character that got too much character development and keeps doing things and having opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread