Ano Koro no Aoi Hoshi - Vol. 6 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Cute chapter as always, but I wanted the friends to start questioning Umi when she started going on and on about love at first sight. IMO it was a missed oportunity to have a scene with her embarassed trying to explain why she knows so much about it while her gf is close by lol.

Dex-chan lover
Umi needs a tall glass of Segawa's juice to quench that thirst because it's getting out of hand 🤣

Banned
This is my third time rereading the series. I absolutely love it. Also, how can it be so wholesome but also have this looming depressing vibe? The art underlines this feeling, too. I want Umi to make Shou as happy as possible. Heal that poor girl properly.

This is my third time rereading the series. I absolutely love it. Also, how can it be so wholesome but also have this looming depressing vibe? The art underlines this feeling, too. I want Umi to make Shou as happy as possible. Heal that poor girl properly.
I wouldn’t quite say it’s an outright depressing vibe, but I have very much picked up on an underlying atmosphere of melancholy, and perhaps something like a slight wistful nostalgia? There’s definitely some general slightly sad vibe to it, even with the happy scenes and the romance being so innocently sweet, it’s still a lingering feeling that sticks with you.

There’s just something about this story that gives me the impression that you can’t put a tragic ending past it, and that definitely makes me uneasy. But, it’s generally quite well-crafted, and has something of a beautiful allure in spite of the ever present sensation of moroseness and longing… I guess almost like a siren (mermaid) song.

I’ve had this series on my planned reading list for a while now, and seeing the new update released today made me finally dive in and binge it all from the start. Now just comes the dreaded waiting game!

Double-page supporter
There's already been a few depressing moments. I was actually a little anxious after she left her original group since she was "breaking the rules" again but I'm glad nothing happened.

Dex-chan lover
Was the reason they said the fisherman t-shirt suit suits Shou because fisherman word made from kanji for sea (umi) and person (hito)? An Umi-person, pefect description for her :smug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread