Ao Ashi - Vol. 10 Ch. 99 - The Ones With a Stronger Will

Fed-Kun's army
Inb4 the coach direction proven to be not enough the next few chapters and the players need to figure the problem out by themselves anyway

Something along the lines of "a coach can only do so much, it's up to the players to achieve anything beyond"

Damn that sounds cheesy but I can't help but imagine such a line being said in a team sport manga lol

When your main forte is possession and technique then abandoning it completely is in my opinion a bad choice.
Why abandon something you're good at and solely focus on style you only practiced for a week, when you practiced possession for years.
The obvious choice is mix them together and you still can play aggressive with High Midfield and Fullback line.
Being flexible when needed gives most often best results in football, rather than being stuck up and just committing to a single concept.
When there is lot of open space for forwards give them ball to run into open space immediately, if not tire out opponent with possession, side change, tempo change, make them run.
That automatically opens more space for Direct football too as humans are not machines, we tired out and make mistake, when opponent makes mistake space opens up and you can make a play that has better chance of being successful rather than being stuck up on 1 concept.

Power Uploader
@kryssN
good comment but the point the manga is making isn't about whether mixing styles is good or bad. it's about how you arrive at doing it. are you deliberately mixing styles because you believe it gives your team the best chance to win tactically?
or are you doing it because you're feeling pressured and you want to do something more familiar and comfortable in the heat of the moment and the chips are down?

Dex-chan lover
I'm barely knowledgeable about football, but isn't possession football dead? In the last WC, France won with counterattack football right?

Users who are viewing this thread