Ao Ashi - Vol. 11 Ch. 107 - Good Luck. Don't Lose. Fight to Your Limits.

Fed-Kun's army
damn he basically wants a captain out of ashito, very few footballers command that presence in a team. Lahm, Van Bommel, Kompany or Ferdinand comes to mind.

So ideally, should there be more than 1 shotcaller in a team to organize the team? Like 2 or 3 core athlete that move the team since a player is limited to his own position.

Or the opposite-- The coach seems to imply that Ashito can actually reach more people although indirectly (something for him to figure out how), so I guess there's a way for him to be the sole conductor for the whole team?

hana and aoi are so cute<//////3 the way everyone just looked at them. wheeze

thank u so much for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Shout out to all those people who talked shit about the coach last chapter

He’s great.

Dex-chan lover
We are back and we are buffed.

Guess they will win this match, just like every other sport manga. Not like I have a problem with this.
Thank for the chapter.

It just feels like that a lot of people are forgetting that he's primarily the coach of the "Esperion Youth D1 Team" and this is essentially the D2 team. While he has control over the D2 team, he's not the coach; Nozomi is. In that sense he can't necessarily coach Aoi minutely and can only give him information based on when he's there. He's placing his faith in Nozomi to be able to relay what he wants Aoi to become. The coaching dynamics for the manga is quite nice to read, albeit there are some tropes.

@Petrichormus
They're not limited to their own positions for play-making, so it doesn't feel that what it feels like he's aiming for.

My opinion is that Fukuda wants Aoi to be the catalyst for the team to play aggressively through using his wide vision (and/or play to Esperion's style of football). There are some subtle hints at foreshadowing, especially with the hints of comparing Aoi to the Mushashino captain; he's able to direct traffic for the entire team (even Kaneda, who everybody else doesn't get along with). Aoi's getting there, but there are still some hurdles he's working through so that he can earn the other player's trust.

Basically, how can you attack confidently if you don't believe there aren't any weaknesses behind you? If Aoi isn't defensively able to cover his position how can I trust him to attack? etc. etc.

YESSS AT LEAST A HINT!!! Damn this chapter got me really excited, at last, they gave MC a hint of how to be a playmaker <3 at least the very basic. I really hate asshole coach (not as a character) but I can't deny every time he shows up the manga gets so exciting. Hana showed up after her Tsun Tsun moment there is no way they are going to lose now.

Double-page supporter
I feel like he's trying to mold him into a captain from what he's asking. Interesting.

Dex-chan lover
best "fullback" imo is Lahm. I wondered when they will ever mention him... until now 😤

if Ashito grew up to play like him... now thats a series I'd wanna see, rather than being the ace, ace, and ace of scoring in every other sports.

Users who are viewing this thread