Ao Ashi - Vol. 16 Ch. 162 - Running to the Next Stage

So he's having fun because he can command everyone as he pleases

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, defense is fun. But there is high chance you become a meme instead. PL already have a dozen of "legends"

Fed-Kun's army
If the tactic rely on designated zone of entrapment, wouldn't the opponent eventually discover said zone? Especially a high level opponent who knows such tactic. The way fukuda explained it, it sounds like a tactic that should be done by many teams, not just Esperion. It also doesn't rely too much on wild cards like Ashito, but rather a sense of unity.

I want to see more back and forth, so I hope Vans actually figure something out.

Even if it is high level tactic and people might be aware, there is always a momentary confusion among the opponents(although it is dramatised a bit too much for the sake of the story). So with the confusion at least, there is a good chance of scoring.

@Petrichormus yes while you are right about this zone entrapment being quite common, bear in mind that it is applied right after half time which limits what the other team's coach instructions to counter it. The way to counter it is simply pulling the other team's wing backs up out the wing to exploit the fact that aoi, a full back is doubling a right winger. But also note that the defense they're playing is a currently is a non pressing defense which enhances counter attack. Ultimately, it depends on whether they want to take the risk a push the wing backs up incredibly high and leave themselves open or keeping possession, and right now, I think they just want to keep possession because tatsumi is their main playmaker and without him they're just lost at the moment. A real life example of this would be Inter Milan - Barcelona first leg semi final CL 2010 that ended in 3-1.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
This series is even more fun to read after playing football manager.

People who knows football but dont know the importance of modern fullback will never enjoy this manga.

I think cmon, now we got TAA, A Traore, A Davies and this position still underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread