Ao Ashi - Vol. 16 Ch. 164 - Egoist's Whereabouts

People are probably gonna dog him for being an egoist in this match, but Kiriki is such a cool dude lmao. Also, being compared to a “genius” most of your football career must suck. I get that what he’s currently doing is detrimental to the team, but it’s reassuring to see that he isn’t complacent with his own current situation. It will be interesting to see which of the three options is the worst. I’m going to guess that it’s actually if he stops trying his hardest because the other two correlate with his own drive and will to get better.

Even Akutsu toned down his egoism when he got told off. In this regard, if Kiriki did get subbed out, then Akutsu cemented his place as the rightful ambitious player. Whatever Kiriki did if he get subbed out is not him being ambitious, it's him being a salty elitist.

I do hope he warmed up though, he seems like a perfect match for Ashito.

@AegisVD nahh man you are completely wrong if you can't make your team win,you are not good player at all despite of your fancy skills and passes,eg. Ricardo Quaresma,Mario Balotelli,e.t.c

Dex-chan lover
In the Kashiwa match at chapter 135, Aoi said Kuribayashi was holding back even with team A. Winning is the top priority.

To me, the worst solution would definitly be to try again to go alone, that's exactly what you are not supposed to do in a team game.
The real choice he has is between lowering his standard to connect the team, and trying to raise the team to its standards. The later is one is risky, but at least you can consider he played with his team.

Yeah I get what everyone is saying, and I am a huge supporter of emphasizing team-play over individual. I’m just looking at it from his perspective, you know? Right now I’m not looking at it as a whole. The man just got demoted, and he’s having a sense of inferiority to people he’s being compared to. I think this breakdown is necessary in order for him to advance to the next stage. Also, Coach Fukuda didn’t exactly condemn him for playing the way he did in the first half. In fact, it looks more like he’s challenging him. Regarding his options, I only believe the worst one is the one where he holds back because it simply contrasts to the other two. Also, let’s say Kiriki continues to pass beyond the current capabilities of his teammates. I believe that could be a catalyst to improvement for the rest of the players, especially the forwards. They get to see what it’s like to receive the same passes from someone who’s experienced National level
play, and adjust accordingly so that they also reach that level of play. I don’t think that sounds too bad. If he softens his passes, it would be like he’s running away from his own conviction and I don’t think Fukuda would accept that.
These are just my random thoughts lol. Again, I appreciate team-play more, but this is just a scenario that I thought was interesting. Don’t mob me lmao.
*jesus this is long, mb*

@AegisVD damn, true. Although it might be due to many factors leading up to the match tho. You know, like being dropped from national team, being ridiculed by akutsu and such. It is really harsh when your in middle of pure 'genius' and being average or good or being real,when u don't fit in either category. I personally experience this very often (im somewhere in between average and good in sports and studies). Oops i sidetracked

@AegisVD
Also, let’s say Kiriki continues to pass beyond the current capabilities of his teammates. I believe that could be a catalyst to improvement for the rest of the players, especially the forwards. They get to see what it’s like to receive the same passes from someone who’s experienced National level play, and adjust accordingly so that they also reach that level of play.

The issue with this is that there's a solid reason why Akutsu was being a tosser towards Kiriki regarding his callup - not everyone can reach that level of play. Heck, a teeny tiny percentage of total players are actually able to reach a high level. Along with this, players also differ in their strengths and weaknesses. In the same sense that it could be a catalyst for their improvements, it also holds a chance to destroy them mentally ("I'll never be able to play like this", "What am I even doing with my lyfe"), to outcast Kiriki, create strife in the squad etc.

I'm not confident enough to know what would the result be, but tutoring and directing players is the job of managers, coaches and mentoring players (for example suitable veterans in senior squads or in current match players like the goalkeeper and Kobayawhatshisname).

So yeah, whatever issues he is facing, he is making life miserable for people currently surrounding him. Obviously he is not an adult, but I suppose that is why Fukuda said that he would've "failed as a manager" (might not be, we'll see).

i get where he's coming from, but they'll lose if he doesn't work together with them.

Users who are viewing this thread