Ao Ashi - Vol. 19 Ch. 190 - Reason for Smiling

I was all hyped about this chapter then I seen a spectator say "isnt that a black" that had me a little pressed but deep inside I knew Tripone was a beast and they didnt know it

Thanks for the chapter.

I'm really looking forward to the second half. That moment when I wish I could read Japanese and buy the raws

thanks for the chapter, idk how close we are with the raws but it's awesome that we're getting a full volume's worth of chapters every few days!

this seems like a surprisingly tactful way for a manga like this to tackle a pretty sensitive subject like racism in japan to be honest.

tripone is fucking cool, too. we didn't have any context for him and he seemed almost a caricature, but giving him this speech really fleshed him out a bit.

what a good manga, fuck

Thanks for the chapter! Can't wait to see what Aoi does in the second half, my guess is he's going to be more of an offensive focused player today.

Bruh I was right he was black/ viewed as black( someone said he was Brazilian ??🤔), at least it was addressed somewhat decently.

thanks for the chapter
also im glad they clarified what was up with tripone race was bc i was hella confused, (and i still am tbh, the eyes are too much)

I like the contrast between Tripone and his Lil' brother, I have to say Sammy is adorable. I didn't expect the author to talk about racism but I'm glad he acknowledged it, I just finished watching a documentary on Youtube about the diversity in japan, and is such a complex situation is hard to even describe it. It's hard to be different in a place where everyone looks and talks ¨exactly¨ the same.

I'm so glad that the kids of Ashito's generation don't share the same views as those old men, right now they are thinking "I'm playing against a strong opponent" not "This team is strong because it has 3 black men in it". While I understand the old men pointing out the physical differences between Japanese players and Afro-descendants, they completely ignored the hardships that Tripone, Samy, and the rest of the team went through as well as ESPERION's.

Edit: Thanks for the chapter!

I finally see why this is Seinen. This story is starting to get darker and is far less upbeat than it was in Chapter 1. Excellent manga.

@hokito I think he is japanese/french after searching up his name only french people came up, and there are quite a few ex french colonies in africa

@lisaisa yeaaah the contrast is interesting, maybe the striker’s ego helps Tripone in such a culture

Not much different from Zlatan and his relationship with Sweden I guess

Thx for the chapter.
@ MarbleCitadel I’m French and I never heard the name Tripone.

Users who are viewing this thread