Ao Ashi - Vol. 19 Ch. 194 - Tripone Rufin (1)

@gintamacountry "Seems you don't watch as much football as you think." No horse in the race, but still had to drop a dig at the end huh? I watch plenty of football, thanks. I've also played youth football. You're certainly right that it's up to the referee's decision in the end. From my experience and from what I've seen, what Tripone did would've been a foul and depending on the circumstances, could even be a yellow card.

There's also a difference in pro football vs. youth football, where there's a lot more focus on safe play and not encouraging wild antics. These are kids (yeah, I know the manga likes making teens look like full adults) and this sort of play is generally actively discouraged. What Ronaldo did in your example I'd say is dangerous play too and should be a foul in my opinion. Just because the ref didn't declare it to be a foul doesn't mean it wasn't (there's a reason why VAR exists these days - referees are human and don't always make the right calls). It's always up to the referee and I think we can all agree that plenty of decisions made by referees can be good or bad. Many fouls are given when they shouldn't have and plenty should've been given when they weren't.

I enjoy the manga a lot otherwise and appreciate the work being done on it, of course, I just felt that that particular scene (which is a big one in the arc) felt a bit silly to me when everything before has been fairly realistic.

Power Uploader
@Freznoo
I threw that dig in there because of your fanboy comment but you're right. There's so much bullshit calls and non calls in any sport that any discussion that comes to the defense of it's integrity is moot.
I can't quite square why this instance is getting so much attention when there have been more egregious crap that the author pulled and no one, except for maybe one or two people, said a word.
Where was everyone when the author just decided to make Hana disappear for two months for no justifiable reason to generate drama? I found that more infuriating than the mangaka taking artistic liberties.

Aggregator gang
I really don't care about this guys backstory.
Can we go back to Aoi so he can grasp whatever it is he's trying to grasp?

Users who are viewing this thread