Ao Ashi - Vol. 21 Ch. 215 - J-Youth Cup Quarter Finals: vs. Ganon Osaka

i mean, they lost a ton of first-team players, but 5-1?

damn they must've a ton of explanation in the next chapter

This manga is by far, the best soccer manga ever. No friendship, no magic of working together, it's all shit upon by the author. The harsh, stark reality of competing at the highest levels while working with what you got is the unsexiest, most un-shounen theme ever. BeBLUES, as much as I liked it, pales in comparison on depth.

They had us in the first 8 minutes, but you know, we still somehow pulled through

Do you remember when Fukuda was worried about the gap between first years and team A lineup? Our guys have been working so hard to close that gap, they have been playing so well that they believed they were almost there (Heck, I believed it for a second). But reality hits hard on this chapter, God fucking dammit XDDD. With almost half of the titulars playing for senior team, Fukuda played the (I don't want to say worse XD) boldest line up ever, just to show the first year's the power of the strongest team in the east. LMFAO!
The manga has been so focused on Ashito's growth since last arc, we have only had the chance to enjoy Otomo (best boi ever!), I'm excited to see again the other first years.

I was expecting a loss, but oof. That was a thrashing. Sure Esperion has players out, but don't forget, so does Ganon. So many possibilities for what future chapters hold!

Fed-Kun's army
Man, I knew a loss was coming, and was expecting a 4-2 or MAYBE 4-1, but somehow 5-1 feels wayyy larger. I’m excited though, obviously there’s lots of room to grow for everyone. This manga has done a seriously excellent job of making me like the characters for both their good and their bad.

Users who are viewing this thread