Ao Ashi - Vol. 21 Ch. 219 - Genius' Condition

@pksomuch When I first read this series I feared that it would never catch up at the pace it was going, so thank you very much to Be Blues for your continuing work! Also thanks to Tonari No Scanlation for introducing me to this series and their work.

I wanna make a wild guess,
Akutsu’s letter was about something concerning their familly (parents passaway or something)

Originally from country side, it down to their value that its up to him now to inherits their family responsibility, that was what shaken him up.

Next game will be his final game before he retired, aoi plays so akutsu can teach him one final lesson about being a defender, or generally speaking— a footballer.

He would make himself a “cult heroes” on that game, something that everybody will remember. A final sendoff before his new journey of early retirement.

As he retired, the path is open for the other first year cb that promoted from team B (forgotten his name)

Thanks for the chapter!

And thank you to Gin and the team. Man, I don't know why but today, I'm more grateful than anything to everyone at Be Blues for giving me the chance to read Aoi Ashi, and Be Blues.

Thank you all.

Otomo is a genius, I think he is the only one who is able to understand Fukuda XD. I love this chapter, I really do. It showed the contrast between how normal people would approach a problem and how a genius would, While Ashito was worried about fixing the current low-moral of the Team, Otomo was able to see the bigger picture and let the team flow, after all in his eyes they are going in the right direction. it's okay to struggle, it just means that the team is pushing forward, thanks to the current losses, the first years, and the reserves are being more critical about their play. I guess sometimes the solution is not a pat in the back and a "we'll do better next time" It's for each one to discover where we flawed and work to improve. What I'm trying to say is, it's okay to lick out our own wounds XDDDD. The amazing thing is that the manga has been pushing this narrative since the fricking beginning as Fukuda's attitude and decision towards the team, but is not until I get to see Otomo's point of view I fully understand the philosophy behind it. You could say I am a cavewoman dummy dumb, but for some time I couldn't really understand Fukuda's lack of empathy toward struggling teenagers, I understood the narrative that was being pushed but I didn't find any logic behind the attitude of the character. GOD, I love this manga.

Can we just appreciate how Otomo cut out the reserve's bullshit on the last chapter while Ashito was ready to do a motivational/pity speech to fix the atmosphere? Such a good character...

Otomo might be that exceptional in physical skills but hes a genius in EQ and wisdom to stay compose and see things in a bigger picture. definitely one of my favourite character (until he gets jelly for girls lol)

In addition to Otomo being amazing, I really like the subtle hint that he's been running this early in the day for a longggg time given how the people recognize him

Dex-chan lover
In the NBA, Ootomo is who you would call a great locker room presence or a glue guy. Great teams need people like him

@luckykure
I hadn't noticed the meaning behind the people waving at Otomo, i thought the people in the neighbourhood were just really friendly with the morning boys, well spotted !

Users who are viewing this thread