Ao Ashi - Vol. 34 Ch. 341 - In the Name of Business

Dex-chan lover
American High school sports like football and basketball are becoming the same way. Obviously not at the same level as soccer in Europe, but as someone who plays American football in a state where it is massive, a lot of these things I have seen firsthand and can relate to, to some extent.

Dex-chan lover
It's nice to see the socio-economic aspect of football in Europe. Since they're in Qatar now, are they going to talk about the levels of sportswashing that's happening in Europe by these some of these oil-rich Middle Eastern countries along with a few corrupt regimes?

It's nice to see the socio-economic aspect of football in Europe. Since they're in Qatar now, are they going to talk about the levels of sportswashing that's happening in Europe by these some of these oil-rich Middle Eastern countries along with a few corrupt regimes?
That would be biting bigger than what they can chew. So far we're purely focusing on 'youth development', and now we only got a glimpse on how the 'business' of youth players in Europe works.

Double-page supporter
I like how realistically this manga is portraying the state of football in Europe, but... this'll also make it that much more unrealistic if Esperion wins.

Like the literal only way is if Barca refuses to put in Demian for the first 3/4 of the match while Kuribayashi dominates and then there's not enough time for a full comeback at the end of the second half

So I think the more likely outcome is that Esperion just loses?

Fed-Kun's army
I like how realistically this manga is portraying the state of football in Europe, but... this'll also make it that much more unrealistic if Esperion wins.

Like the literal only way is if Barca refuses to put in Demian for the first 3/4 of the match while Kuribayashi dominates and then there's not enough time for a full comeback at the end of the second half

Yeah that would be the case if a normal japan team vs'd la masia in the world rn but were seeing an idealised team with esperion esp since we have kuribayashi, akutsu and ashito link up im guessing kobayashi might try and make things interesting by having a draw or somehow a win since they were saying that its not La masia's first team thats playing only some of the players from their first team.

Group Leader

Top teams lose to shit-tier teams every now and then. and this is high school level, where the skill gap isn't so wide. they're all still shit-tier.

Dex-chan lover
It's a youth match. Everybody in the western hemisphere dont know crap about them(im exaggerating kuri got a dozen scouts watching him week in week out). Odds are closer, something something 70-30 that leads to a 2-2 is probably it

Dex-chan lover
Think this is not just a lesson to Japan but to all developing countries as well. Teach and protect the one-two, create an environment so they can play sports, but also shield them from noises. It's a business yes, but dont make "kids" have to make life-changing decisions, at least not yet

Japan glazing bout Barca since tsubasa is real , surely if u talk bout old barca it was good but now come on man at least talk bout Brighton who got Mitoma right there loan in Belgium club until he got to first team it seems more realistic like that rather than what is this again yall gonna create like haikyuu some or what nawwhhhh .

And then you have some star players like Mbappe, that they are spoiled af, and doesnt have that mental strenght. Players that they've been pampered since beginning because they were always much better than the others. Or not, but there are some players that fit like that, like Neymar

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
And then you have some star players like Mbappe, that they are spoiled af, and doesnt have that mental strenght. Players that they've been pampered since beginning because they were always much better than the others. Or not, but there are some players that fit like that, like Neymar
mbappe almost single handedly win world cup back to back against Argentina by scoring hatrick. he can be an entire douchebag for all I care but that hatrick on final is out of this world. I cant believe you say mbappe doesnt have mental strength when he is by far one of the best youth player I ever seen in football.

Fed-Kun's army
lmao, why are they pretending to be holier than thou? It's obvious that this is all about money in the end.
On one hand you want to protect them, on the other hand you let them make their own decisions, so which is it?
Why would you let a kid whose prefrontal cortex hasn't developed yet make these kinds of decisions?

Double-page supporter
I’m glad they went into the topic because that’s all I could think about after the last chapter. Though, I the distinction they make between the state of affairs between Japan and the West is inaccurate. In the West, because of our individualist culture, we know intrinsically that you cannot trust management to have your best interests in mind, so much so that everyone from executives down to tech support are subject to criticism for not extracting as much money as they possibly can from others. One of the biggest problems facing the country of Japan right now is that they refuse to acknowledge that profit motives lead to exploitation, so instead of either protecting individuals or eliminating the profit motive altogether, they kinda live in this fantasy land where your boss cares about you and if not it’s probably your fault.
The difference is not because “Japan is a peaceful country;” that implies that the way they do it isn’t held together with rubber bands and zip ties lol

Users who are viewing this thread