Ao Ashi - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - It's Just Football

idk, it would have been better if he gave the middle figner to the coach and quit the club.

It doesn't matter whether her brother is logically right. Ethically, morally, what he did was wrong.

You don't f*** with a child like that. You shouldn't even manipulate full grown adults like that, even if they can process betrayals better by virtue of assumably having more experience/mental stability. You just...don't treat people like chess pieces.

I'm sure this will work out fine since it's a sports manga, but. 😟 😔

(you don't have to hurt or traumatize people to "humble" them 🙄)

Dex-chan lover
I kind of feel that Hana also manipulated him, like ofc he's gonna feel motivated to continue if he listens to his mom... idk it didn't felt that good, but she got the results though

Yes Hana's action is a bit manipulative but at least she still somewhat consider Aoi's feelings. Fukuda's approach just feels wrong.

Now I prefer Nozomi-sensei, knowing his harsh words is actually a calculated move. He prolly wouldn't say them if Fukuda didn't make him to :/

In my opinion Hana's actions were not manipulative at all, one of the main focuses on the manga is how ashito is doing this to become successful in order to pay back the sacrifice his mother did sending him to Tokyo. So when asshole-coach-niisan put him in the corner of you do this or you're out, ashito felt like he didn't have any options, he is forced to continue even if he doesn't like it, the kid doesn't put a tantrum or get mad he just takes time to shallow his own feelings, that's why he tells Hana that he's not ready to return yet,
When he explains Hana that HE CAN'T QUIT even if he wanted to, that's when Hana called his mom. I loved how his mom instinctively senses that something is wrong and assures him that he CAN come back home if he doesn't want to be there anymore, that he isn't forced to continue for her sake.

Fuck you Fukuda, i want you to lose, its the first time i am cheering for the others teams

@ohkimch I'm late, but 100% agree. It doesn't sit well with me. The coach was very wrong and left me not liking his character a bit, the respect I had has dwindled tremendously.
But it's a manga, and of course the MC is going to pick himself up. I kind of wish he'd just curse out the coach and leave, but that's not going to happen xD
Looking forward to his growth from here on out.

Dex-chan lover
Mama and Hana-chan are treasures. Aoi my man, cherish them will all you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread