Ao no Flag - Vol. 5 Ch. 32

MAMI LET'S BE BEST BUDDIES.

but seriously, people act as if mami just ate your pet in front of you, like, chill, she's 18 and she likes a boy so she wants to be close to his social circle too, it's like, social interaction 101. mami is just a girl that wants friends that are not jerks, she's not trying to ruin a family or kill our children, jeez

Dex-chan lover
Itachi, be strong girl... some parts of that conversation hit a bit too close to home there :'(

I never really got the impression that Mami actually felt that way towards people. I just thought of her as some girl who was crazy for Touma. Honestly the way she rationalizes her thoughts and the way she gets pissed and rant about other people (chill out girl, you've got one mean temper) reminds me of myself and it's kinda funny. The way she talks sounds like she's spouting BS at times haha. She definitely reminds me of myself.

Though I guess you can really never know huh. It's just like what Mami said, you can only just fumble in building your image of a certain someone. For me, Mami's a bit of a hypocrite, she hates it when people misunderstands her, while at the same time shes perfectly aware that you can't expect people to understand you and YET she takes the high ground. She's a bit self absorbed in a way... BUT, I ain't saying she's a bad person. She's certainly flawed, but she's not a bad person. She's a selfish girl who wants to be with Touma and pursue friendships and she admits that. She's real, and I love that. I may be wrong with my interpretation of her, so feel free to point out if you think so haha.

The author should've done a better job of at least hinting that side of hers in the earlier chapters, but no manga can be perfect, even something as good as this one.

If any manga or LN about high school drama needs to be animated, its THIS ONE. Holy crap I'm sick and tired of those trope-ridden characters and those BS pseudo-philosophy and those ridiculous and trashy melodrama.

This manga ain't perfect, it has it's cliche moments and a bit too dramatic at times, but the way the characters experience angst, insecurities and just emotions in general... it's just so real at times and it reminds you of those times where you were that stupid teenager who's so wound up about your "world", like the time you liked someone so much that you'd cry some nights or listen to cheesy love songs, or how you try so hard at times to look good in front of others, trying to be cool, wanting to fit in, or just enjoying a great time with your friends talking about whatever stuff you can think of all night long...

I love this manga and thank you KAITO for bringing this story to life. I'd definitely buy this when it becomes available in my country.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, starting as a simple hot and flirty girl, now this girl evolved to be the very complex character who has a tough life because how simply she looks like.
That was amazing. It feels so real.
Also that "tears just came out of nowhere" thing, who didn't experience that.

@jak you make the most sense. I hate all these empowerment or this was so deep comments. In the end it was about getting close to touma. She still had that ulterior just as the suspected. Give me a break sheesh

Group Leader
I do like all the topics talked about this chapter (things I felt for sure), but it's just so weird they go off ranty like that though. Like the author had a bad day and wanted to text their friend how they felt that day.

Saving grace is the main couple (owo)b I was kind of hoping Taichi would express his own same feels when he sees Touma and Futaba.

I think Masumi has soooooo much screentime to see she's facing the biggest challenge. It reminds me of Hourou Musuko vibes. Like maybe she wants a sex change...

Double-page supporter
She has the unrestrained mind. Weird that she decided to persue fashion instead of science.
Or maybe not so weird. Japan has an awful education system, that twists understanding of science in minds of people.
Ah... I just wish to become a teacher to someone like her, without getting tied to official education, that is extremely slow, stupid and uneffective.
I wonder if somebody will even read my comment? Readers have long gone past this chapter, while I just marvel at this girl's cute yet complete worldview.

Dex-chan lover
Lol Musumi always takes the high moral ground but she's using her friendship with Kuze to be near the girl she likes

Mami might just be my favourite character out of this manga. Wow. The way she was able to express all those things without holding anything back. It's so admirable.

i don’t think mami’s “rant” was out of place or totes random... it was definitely something that was building up. i admire the author for writing about something that isn’t the standard in society.

how many times does futaba need to rely on other people to solve her problems for her... my eyes have rolled all the way back into my head at this point

Dex-chan lover
10/10 chapter. Loved all of it from beginning to end. Really showed us who Mami was and discussed how bad Japan's gender discrimination is.

Users who are viewing this thread