Ao no Hana, Utsuwa no Mori - Vol. 7 Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for seeing this translation to the end.
I am glad she shared her feelings-once he asked- but I don't want him to give up the exhibition or the dream for her fears. I really hope they can come to terms... could she go to Finland with him? I think it will foster future resentment if he doesn't go...

Aggregator gang
Congrats on finishing the translation!!! Amazing work 🎉🎉🎉

Ooh this chapter was so good, I’m glad she was finally able to voice her fears. I trust they’ll be able to find their way forward together ^^

Supporter
Congrats on finishing the translation, and thank for all the work and sharing with us!

That being said, I'll be sad to see this go since its such a lovely story (and honestly a breather from the usual josei/shoujo mired with stereotypes lmao) but let's gooo! This chapter was so good, I really appreaciated that her anxiety wasn't stretched out any further. This story does so well when it comes to pacing its conflicts.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation! I agree with the above comment, he should really bring her with him...but it's difficult to see outside the picture hmm...

Dex-chan lover
oh noooo the story is going to end. boo. But thank you for the update, earlbay. I'm excited to see what else is coming.

But c'mon, that's the wrong thing to say! I betcha Aoko would love to work on the glaze with him and then go to Finland!

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapters and congrats on finishing the translation :hearts:

I image one of the reasons Aoko wasn't invited from the very beginning is because her holidays are shorter than his trip, but c'mon, she could go for a few days at least. Tatsuki giving up on the trip is the worst option for both parties.

Dex-chan lover
A super well done chapter. But I didn’t love the conclusion they reached. I get that she can’t leave work for a whole month so just going with him isn’t a viable solution. But why not reach a middle ground where she comes and visits for one out of the four weeks he’ll be there? Preferable in week 2 or 3 of the trip?

As an aside, A month isn’t that long. If it were a year then I’d be a bit more empathetic on her comparing it to her past relationship. A month flies by, and even though she has the previous trauma, she should be able to tell by day 15 if things are going to plan and she can let her anxieties subside, especially if they communicate daily via video call.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much again, earlbay. Super happy about the update on the translation and I'm looking forward to seeing how this wonderful story ends.

Seeing Aoko finally burst outright was painful, but it seems like she really isn't completely over her relationship hangups. I guess this going to be the "final boss battle" of the series. I'm both looking forward and dreading it. 🥲

I get that she has emotional baggage but wow does Aoko look selfish here. Tatsuki is obviously a good dude and did everything to reassure her and this trip to Finland was going to bring about much-needed closure for him but all she can think about is herself. yikes. She needs to let him go for the sake of their relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation! I agree with the above comment, he should really bring her with him...but it's difficult to see outside the picture hmm...
I think it's so easy for everyone to just think, "Bring her with him," without thinking of the multiple nuances within the story. Your last statement really nails it that no one who hasn't read farther can't see the big picture. I'll try my best to explain my thoughts without spoilers.

First off, the timing is terrible. Their mug cups are about to go into production and Tatsuki's job is basically finished. He created the shape of which the molds are modeled after. After that, the casting is done by another place entirely and all he'd really have to do if he wanted is inspect the vessels to ensure they match his model. But Aoko on the other hand is the painting team lead and is the primary person to do the slip trailing and training the others to do it. Her hand will somewhat be on every vessel, so her job is very important.

Secondly, she wasn't invited to go. In most instances if an artist is invited to some type of event, their travel and accommodations are sometimes covered by the invitee. It would make sense to me that since there are potters in Finland who wanna see his work so badly to invite him to exhibit it in a gallery, then I think his travel was somewhat comped. Even if not, Aoko's not the type of person to offer herself on a trip if she's not invited. And Tatsuki probably see's no point in inviting her because a month to him (or anyone) isn't that long.

Third, their relationship is still fairly new. I cannot speak for everyone, but if my partner had to go on a business trip only after a few months of dating, I will not offer myself to go nor would I expect them to offer. Now, if we had been dating for some time then obviously that could change.

Fourth, I don't think people realize how truly traumatizing it is for someone you love and care about a lot to literally up and disappear for reasons you cannot understand. You are left with the promise that they will return and they love you and will do anything to come back, and they just don't. I'm sure that sadly many people can relate when parental figures do exactly this. It impacts you life much more and for much longer than you'd think.

Lastly, and the biggest one to me that everyone seems to forget, Aoko has NEVER BEEN OUTSIDE OF HASAMI! This is pivotal to her character! The farthest she has gone was to the Kyushu museum but that is it. for 32 years she has stayed in the Nakaoyama region and never left. Now you expect her to just up and leave? Besides even that, don't you think there'd be some important missing things that someone who's never left the country would need? 👀

Sorry for the BIG YAP but ya'll gotta think BIG BRAIN HERE!

Dex-chan lover
I really hope they talk this out and somehow he ends up going... Sometimes you just can't allow the insecurities of others to hold you back. We've seen how important this exhibition is to Tatsuki, how it could be such an important closure and honor of his close friend who died so horribly.
And this is something Aoko just has to overcome, and she never will if he just stays and she gets to stay in the safe zone, never confronting it. Yeah you get traumatized by bad experiences, you get afraid that they'll repeat. That's life. People are all different, and she is doing a huge disservice to both Tatsuki and to herself. Because once again, this is something really important for him too.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope they talk this out and somehow he ends up going... Sometimes you just can't allow the insecurities of others to hold you back. We've seen how important this exhibition is to Tatsuki, how it could be such an important closure and honor of his close friend who died so horribly.
And this is something Aoko just has to overcome, and she never will if he just stays and she gets to stay in the safe zone, never confronting it. Yeah you get traumatized by bad experiences, you get afraid that they'll repeat. That's life. People are all different, and she is doing a huge disservice to both Tatsuki and to herself. Because once again, this is something really important for him too.
😎 これえええええ

Users who are viewing this thread