Apotheosis – Ascension to Godhood

@Degernase I was part of the game end of those things for a bit. MMOs suffer horribly from greed. When a F2P turns into Pay to Survive, attentive staff turn into lazy bastards which allow hackers to collapse the economy, developers take months to patch glitches/exploits, ruin skill balance and the player base turns toxic. Many players have no choice but to turn to grey market game servers.

Double-page supporter
@Blusasuke
MMOs suffer horribly from greed.
I think there are multiple factors contributing to that.
1. MMO's need consistent updates to keep people playing and servers which both add monthly expenses.

2. The surge of popularity from WoW and other smaller but big MMO's in mid 2000 led to the industry bandwagoning onto the genre, this saturated the market with a lot of trash. Either because some just wanted a quick cash in or because they underestimated the cost and overestimated the interest. Now we have a bunch of desperate companies with a shitty product doing their best to recuperate the massive losses leading to P2W pieces of trash.

3. The Chinese gaming market is huge and from various sources I've learned that they're more or less culturally conditioned into not caring for what means brought them victory (hacking, paying to win), whilst most western players would consider that a hollow achievement and get bored. In the case of P2W we'd feel like the devs are exploiting people's desire for that dopamine kick of winning (which they are) but Chinese consider it just part of the game.

https://mangadex.org/manga/40996/rich-player - "Acting pretentious is his hobby! Being the ultimate rich player, he’s used to spending “expenses” around others on the down-low, having the most extravagant equipment and armor. In the gaming world, there's nothing that can't be solved with money!"
They're pretty shameless tbh, wouldn't surprise me if Tencent was secretly producing this manhua.

4. Most developers are shit and online games are hard to balance.

EDIT: I appear to have had some frustration to vent. Let's pray to the coronavirus that it'll save us from the evil grasp of Tencent's influence on gaming.

@Lymus sorry for mention you here, but may I ask who approved the chapter in the first place for new account to start spamming fake chapter here?
By now this typical pattern should be well-known among the staffs already (skipping 100+ chapter upload, with the mere purpose of advertising, or simply fake chapter). All of these are usually not scanlation, but official english release, or bad effort trying to re-typesetting the official translation to bypass rule 2.1 and 3.2.6. That's the whole purpose for the queue system for new account, isn't it?

The One
Staff
Admin
@leduo95 It's not official TL since it's ahead of them.
Also the difference being, they have no link to some other page or anything like that.

Could all be reasons for it to have been approved.

@Lymus first of all, thank you for the reply.
"they have no link to some other page or anything like that."
because the previous chapter that you removed an hour ago, which had credit page at the end like that, I commented on that one mentioning rule 3.2.6.
Conveniently, after that chapter was removed, another new account show up posting "who-knows-which-chapter-that-even-is", with 400+ chapter gap. Coincidence or not, I shall let you decide, but fyi this is a known pattern.

I tried looking up that same identical chapter everywhere else, and the chapter number was ranged from 516 to 550, both raw and translation.
So if this doesn't violate rule 2.1 or 3.2.6, then perhap 2.3.5: "Joke or troll releases are not allowed, except on April 1st." ? The missing gap warning does mention this, and the only case where it's not correct is when previous group pull off their release, which cause the gap. "partially uploading releases" is definitely 3.2.6, but the reason is still too vague.

Again, this is just my opinion, but it's really annoying when new accounts from nowhere start uploading licensed webtoon. (which show up on my feed, geez)
Thank you again for watching over filed reports!

The One
Staff
Admin
@leduo95 it does seem like a strange coincidence, and i'll talk to this new account (that seems at lest to our knowledge not connected to the previous one).

@leduo95
The chapters and their numbering adds up. I've been reading this series on MR and when they shut down I've caught up using various other sites.
Regarding the rules, these chapters are ahead of the official tl, the quality is decent, and there's no noticable advertising.
Personally, these new releases are appreciated because you can't find them on other sites, appart from manhuaplus which is terrible to use.
Seeing as the new chapters have a decent ammount of views with a couple of thankful comments and nobody complained, I'd say the releases are valid.
Have a good one

Dex-chan lover
Why are 20+ chapters ahead getting posted? Is it troll? From what i can see official has 505, here and theres up to 507 chapters translated on here and other sites..?what gives?

@AlphaFlow
These chapters are scanlations of the raw. The scanlators are up to 60 chapters ahead of the official translation. You can find scans for chapter 564 online. I'm guessing that because of the delay between official traslations and the raw, and the fact that those releases are behind a paywall, scanlators have gone ahead. Hope that answers your question.

ugh i cant be bothered to look up 450ish chapters elsewhere so i'll just drop it >_>

Contributor
These are not fake chapters, youtube has up to 560+ in the first place and i'm pretty sure these chapters are from the same place, they are not doing one page link chapters as well so i don't see why are you guys mad about it.

Dex-chan lover
@adaamfreddy
Not as much as mad just imensly inconvenienced by big gaps in the chapters, 496 being the wrong chapter as well from what i can remember.
I, bein a fan of this, just suffered through youtube and caught up to 567th chapter. It was painful ☹️😞

Group Leader
Chapter gap of like 20 chapters and the quality sucks too, can not be bothered to read this anymore.. Dropped I guess
People should stop releasing half assed shit, if you do it, do it right and don't give me this "uh is free be happy you get anything" shit, if this was decent quality I wouldn't complain but it's crap and no actual fan (seeing how this is all about FANtranslations) would ever deliver such a shit show... "what the plan ?" bloody hell
Use a different font with actual useful spacing, don't fucking cross the bubbles with text and start proofreading your shit maybe? AND STOP USING SPACES BETWEEN A WORD AND A PUNCTUATION MARK god dammit did you learn anything at school?

It’s such a sad shitshow seeing this series get translated so badly... this series grew to be my favorite Chinese comic and it keeps improving with great world building but the licensing/bad translations don’t give it the respect it deserves.

The only people who translate the new chapters are greedy fuckers on YouTube with ad riddled websites.

Tks @prospeedy for updating the latest chapters with reasonable translations (at least for what I've seen so far), not google translate copy-paste, as without proper translation the story loses it's appeal.
Although the story is not excelent (plenty of holes and lack of consistency concerning the plot), it is entertaining and that is enough.

😪i was up to chp 497 and there are no chapters after that just big ol' gaps

Users who are viewing this thread