April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the "Vision", sometimes in plays, Directors will do a slightly different take of what the script actually says, or even ignore it entirely. They will change some lines and may put more time and effort into different scenes. This hopefully is done well, and expresses a different "Vision" that the director would have for the story, and make it interesting/different, even if you've heard/seen the show before somewhere else.

thanks for the upload kepki!

as for the prank, I've seen other scanlation groups do pranks at the beginning and then below is the real chapter, this is the first time I see complete fake uploads, so for me this prank was in bad taste, even if they do us the favor of translating the chapters for our enjoyment and for free

It's bad, sure, but it's better than what I can do and much better than nothing. Thank you.

Oh, this is great. I know it was all in good fun, but I was sad when every new update was just another April Fool's joke. Thank you so much for translating it! ;-;

Thank you for the translation! I was heartbroken with so many fake updates.... 😅

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the upload, I was really frustrated after getting jebaited 3 (THREE) times on the same day.
Even with the lower quality I enjoyed reading the chapter. Would've enjoyed it more if the scanlation group hadn't pranked everyone.

Because of you, the scanlation group is deciding to take a break. Happy now? Like jesus, it's just an April fools joke. Some people take things too seriously. I don't like them that much, but all you gotta do is get over it and move on. As for the raw spoilers, that actually wasn't even the translation group that posted it.

Double-page supporter
@kepki there was the original one, then the "real" one which was untranslated, Then there was an "English" one which I don't recall what it was, I only looked at the comments to see if it was a joke chapter or not, because I don't enjoy fake chapters.

Aggregator gang
For some reason several of the images in this chapter will not load for me. I can see them if I open in it another browser, but on Firefox most of them just sit there with a "image 2" "image 3" "image 5" placeholder. Maybe the file sizes are too big?

Anyway, silly little Canaria really only now is realizing what a mess she's made of the story? Despite Cesar having deliberately missed one of the special scenes with the heroine just to come be with Canaria instead? Geeze, girl, pay more attention.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter! I thought the font was a little glaring, but the translation flowed pretty smoothly in English and I don't know a lick of Korean. So to my untrained eyes it was perfectly fine!

Here's my two cents: putting up an April Fool's Day chapter is a good laugh, no harm done. Putting up two April Fool's Day chapters on more than one series, with identical "ha ha no chapter" -> "ha ha this one is actually the raws" jokes on every one, is a little thoughtless. Adding a third April Fool's Day chapter to a series that already has the aforementioned jokes is straight-up unkind and in poor taste—although it's important to keep in mind that this wasn't done by Luna Lotus Scans and someone else is to blame.

It's probably best to only do a two-chapter joke if you have a release ready for the day after April Fool's Day. It'll take the sting out of it. (And don't pile onto a series that somebody else has already put up fake chapters for, c'mon.)

Fed-Kun's army
pretty sure "rendition" is the word you're looking for.
but also, people getting mad at the april fools joke hosted on a site that encourages them is kindaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
edit: the third chapter yesterday wasn't even by the translators.

Contributor
Well, thank you for this chapter.

As long as it's only one chapter and not a sniping act with drama, i don't see a problem here.

Anyways, Gracie best girl.

G

@sinyueliang Is that right? Where did they post that? I can see what I can do in regards to a better job with the clean up and translations in the meantime, if they are genuinely thinking of taking a break... or just provide clean raws to another group. Mind you, only if it is on a break.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! I, too, was heartbroken.
Good thing I wasn't the only one who had the same remarks.

Group Leader
@kepki oh we are on a break, on mangadex that is, a week break aka a week chapter delay. dont worry tho. those who are in our server and I.C. server will receive the chapters on a normal time schedule and as soon as it's release. the chapter will be password protect so there wont be sharing anytime soon ^^. good luck finding our server invite! FYI: chapter 17 will be up today on our website. follow by chapter 18 tmrrw and chapters from other projects. we was planning on doing daily release this week in order to pay back for the trouble we cause but unfortunately, we were hurt the most in the end ^^. leaving us no choice now.

@kepki They mentioned it in their discord but after discussion they will be continuing, but delaying their chapters on mangadex. I won't say much more. Honestly I don't get why everyone is so upset by a goddamn joke. Just let the translators have their fun, after all they work so hard to bring the high quality chapters to us normally. It's literally one day a year. Like if you can't even handle this then??? smh

I mean all efforts to translate and give us readers the opportunity to read is appreciated so thank you
but I woud also like to say to the people complaining: how dumb can you be to actually fall for the April fools joke more than 2 times? I mean I fell for it the first chapter (with nothing) and for the original one and when I noticed that they had updated other series I already knew it was gonna be the same for them. So not to insult anyone but it was really just a tiny prank no need to feel that hurt over such a thing (whe you're not even the ones putting effort into it...) and they did it on the other series as well because not everyone reads all of them just saying. I feel that as a community of fans/readers we should be more supportive and less demanding and butthurt.

Sorry to come off as rude but I wanted to give my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread