April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
@Viopera

I wasn’t taking a side in this debacle until I saw your reply. Up until now I thought that the group had good intentions and a little joke did no real harm, but this awful passive aggressive attitude you’ve just showcased has shown me that I was wrong.

Congratulations, you’ve made the kind readers who weren’t that upset with you but were merely a bit disappointed feel awful and guilty, while the mean people who already disliked you will only see this and hate your group more, as you have reassured them that you are truly mean-spirited and given them justification for their feelings.

I am sorry that your prank did not garner the reaction you seeked. But a lot less sorry, now that I’ve seen your reaction in turn.

Contributor
Damn, i talked to fast, i knew it would happen, the drama.

Ahahah...Sigh. It's a lil sad to see this, mangadex should be a place filled with joy.

@Viopera

Well aren't you just a smarmy little prick about this. Personally, I hate April fool's day. I don't even try to prank anyone, but I put up with everyone's bull on the day. If I had the knowledge to do what kepki did, I'd do it too. You an' your site can go suck an egg.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone is allowed scanlate, i dont mind having multiple groups scanlating the same thing with different quality, etc. Some people want best quality, some dont mind mspaint text or very rough english or typos as long as its understandable and tries to convey the same meaning.
Drop the passive agresiveness, if you want an apology you aint getting it. Dont want your server invite, you can keep it. Stay hurt, dont care. I enjoy this manga and dont mind waiting for releases, but your attitude is what i aint putting up with and dont think holding releases hostage is gonna keep people from calling you out.
The joke was annoying but it wasnt even that big a deal, but you putting up this show for getting your spotlight stolen ONCE is embarassing.

Anyway thanks for the chapter Kepki, its appreciated.

Guys....
1 they are doing it for free
2 it was April's Fool, all the releases were going to be a joke, the SITE did it too, it had JOKE BANNERS ABOUT LOLIS!!!??
3 We are adults, young adults, teenagers (?), whats so dificult to let it go? -.-''

Group Leader
we been treating you guys all we can, no chapter delay, high quality, no chapter delay, no watermark, didnt ask for money, buy our own raws. but now because we pull a small prank on the one day of the year where it is acceptable for us to pull a prank. you guys go off on us. even as far talking the raws that we posted. the raws that we payed for and scans it without our permission, in order to get revenge at us for tricking you on the day that every other group pulling a prank. do you think that fair? we just do what we think is best for us. @dashen @Kylan_Pepper @gaylard @Axkmint

Fed-Kun's army
@dashen

Thank you. Well put.

There’s this culture of constantly kowtowing to scanlators because people want their free trans and are scared of offending them. But while I’ll never criticize a scanlator’s speed or quality, since I’m not paying for their work, there’s no reason we shouldn’t call them out on their conduct, and no reason we shouldn’t read from other scanlators.

Especially if they’re way better people, like kepki.

Do you think Merakiscans does requests? They sniped the hell out of other groups before and if they go solo leveling on this series they’d be caught up to the raws by the end of the week.

@Viopera

I don’t care about your joke, I have not criticized your scanlations, and I have not read your raws. I am stating your attitude is bad, and you have acted petty and spiteful to someone who has simply scanlated one chapter and has been quite respectful to your group in turn.

Group Leader
ahh well whatever i say i'll get criticise since y'all are angry right now. so i wont say anything anymore. in the end of the day. my scans lul.

Dex-chan lover
It's quite enjoyable to watch all these entitled asshats acting like they have the moral high ground when they act just as bad because of an April Fool's joke. Truly a great picture of the victim culture we have now a days.

It's not the person who uploaded this, nor the people who were rightfully frustrated at the April Fool's jokes that caused this. It's the scanlating group's immature reactions that's causing this, nothing else.

People seem to think that they're getting "singled out", but that's not the truth. Look at the April Fool's Collection: https://mangadex.org/title/35798/april-fool-s-collection-2019. Click on any one that isn't from LLS - the fake chapters are either (a) funny rewrites or (b) callouts to aggregation sites, which serve a valid purpose. Also, they're pretty much the only group that did this on more than one of their projects.

Still, I didn't really care too much about the "prank", since it was April Fool's so I just rolled my eyes and moved on with my life. But after their comments in this thread, I see that their low quality prank was a sign of their attitude in general. Appreciated their scanlations until now, but you know what? Perfectly happy to drop this manhwa , and I'm sure plenty of others are too - otome isekai are a dime a dozen. This one isn't special. Still, thanks to kepki for scanlating this chapter though.

@dashen

Have you EVER worked together with a Scanlation group?
Have you ever done a scanlating job?
There's a unspoken rule about not getting the same project to work if the group is ACTIVE and WORKING on the project.
IT'S CALLED ETIQUETTE!
If LLS is mad abou Kepki taking the raw and translating the chapter, THEY ARE IN THEIR RIGHT.

There was a time when scanlating dind't have rules, it was HELL.
I don't know your age, nor anything about you at all.
But get your fact RIGTH before telling people they are wrong in being offended.

Yeah this pissy attitude do to someone not appreciating their otherwise lazy April Fools' joke is really lame. And as a result their going to lock up their toys, saying that if we didn't do it, then they'd totally give us everything we wanted.

I get there's been some scanlator ettiquette breached here and I don't think vio's in the wrong for being upset.

That said, come on--you have no choice but to do a week delay? Of *course* you have a choice--you're reacting in a petty and vindictive way for a legit grievance.
People didn't like the April fool's joke--not because it was a joke, but because it was repeated and a bit low effort to boot. I mean if that's how you do April Fool's okay, whatever.
But people tend to be more on board if it's something silly they can also enjoy, rather than something at their expense, multiple times.

Anyway, sorry you're upset, thanks for the scans up until now. Do appreciate your hard work.

I seriously hope we don't all get punished because of some entitled jerks who think the people who translate it owe us anything. >_<

I honestly think there was no need for all of this and I don't mean kepki translating I mean people getting this offended about a prank and start being rude towards others. My friend told me that another friend of mine started spreading rumours about me around the university and talking about my private life with people and at the end it was all a april fools joke, I guess majority of people here would stop being friends with a person like that and resort to insults in a case like that. But can you guys notice the difference? One could've ended a friendship and the other was just a small harmless joke.

I would also like to say we know nothing about the people working on the translation groups, we don't know about their lifes/jobs/etc so to just straight out disrespect someone because of a joke and disregard the hard work they do for us is just selfish and rude. They don't need to publish they're translations but they still do it... so instead of being too complainy be thankful that there's people out there that take their time to share the projects with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread