April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I don't care about the April Fools stuff but I'm always happy to see translations from whoever's willing to post them.

Wow, I wasn't aware of the majority of the drama as after the first lazy April fool chapter (if there no puns, it's lazy), I went over to a different manga site.

@kepki
Ignore them. I appreciate your translation work. I do like the story.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lxpiz

Thank you, and I’m sorry for some of my behaviour. I think I was too harsh on LLS and generalized the group with my words because I didn’t like the behaviour of one person. I do think you are free to keep chapters private, since they ARE your scans, especially if there has been an issue with people stealing raws which you have paid for.

For what it's worth, while I do believe this upload was a brash expression of displeasure, kepki's attitude here in the comments speaks plenty for good character and no ill intentions intended, and especially shouldn't be exaggerated for what is essentially stepping on someone's toes, as they have no reason to apologize to anyone other than LLS. People trying to speak for LLS (regardless of being part of a discord or what) have no right to act holier than thou to you and explode this beyond proportion.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is more information revealed later about those on the other side of the conflict in the series? From what it seems the author handled the opposing side pretty well in this scene.

G

@Albireo I've already messaged someone asking for confirmation so I can take appropriate measures, but it's been a while and at this point, I'm at a loss for what to do. Do I go down the list of people in the member list to I get a response? Message the group email? Delete this upload and all of the comments right now or hold off until someone responds on here? All of the above?

@Viopera
I don't give a shit about the prank. I just want to read all my chinese comic books on a single site with no delays, especially if those delays are due to a knee-jerk reaction because an incredibly small minority of the readers on this site went, "aaa you fuckn got me you dick" or "man this joke is less funny the 3rd time" after you got their hopes up then wasted like 10 seconds of their time three times. I don't know what kind of reactions you expected either, did you expect us all to just unanimously go, "Wow, you sure got us xD" each time without any sort of autistic outburst from any of the literal weeaboos on this site?

I don't like how you're acting like what's-his-face who did this self-admittedly mediocre translation/type-setting job is some kind of villain who was just waiting for this moment to snipe this series either. If you were going to post your actual translation you should've done it either after you posted the fake chapters 3 times, or some time today given you supplied him with the raws.

At least sites like kissmanga don't have to deal with this bad drama.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@kepki

I don't think you did anything wrong and I honestly really appreciated that you went out of your way to put up a translation to ease the fans that were upset with the pranks.

Speaking completely as an outsider to all this, I think it's really all rather silly sometimes how riled up the scanlation community gets. I understand a lot of work goes into it, but at the end of the day we're all mooching off an comic artist who will never see profit from our views. The territorial disputes are ridiculous.

@kepki You don't have to delete this posthaste and have no obligation to unless the comments become an uncontrollable mess, especially since you're not a moderator. You've already stated that you'll remove it when a higher quality upload takes place and attempted to apologize here (it's not like your comments are hidden, just likely rl or other things keeping others preoccupied). Cooler heads will prevail in time, and if not the problem doesn't lie with you.

I hope you got something out of your efforts though, whether it be practice for a skill or simply some form of enjoyment out of the process.

Fed-Kun's army
Ironically April 1st can sometimes be the worst time of the year to pull a prank, because some people will be sick and tired of seeing it done all over the place.
If the prank is just done for the sake of being a prank without being funny by itself, then of course you will see backlash.

Yes, people are overreacting, but I'm surprised that the LLS team didn't expect that to happen.

G

@Albireo All right then, I'll leave it until I get a prompt, or like I mentioned earlier, a new chapter pops up. And you're right, I'm going to step away from the screen myself, this has definitely occupied most of my thoughts today.

And yeah, it was a cool, new way to interact with my folks and discuss the Korean language in general. Definitely an interesting experience for all of us.

By the way, very cool name.

@Wonkie @Sem <<< Freakin' THIS! This is what I wish I had the ability to say instead of getting all pissy because Viopera started acting like a tool. I mean I'm doing it again but AAAgh!
It's frustrating watching someone who you expected nothing from suddenly start acting like they are god of something because they didn't like the reaction of the crowd. Like some smug 2-bit comedian that couldn't get even a giggle out of the audience that starts preaching political.

Frankly, the constant fake uploads were obnoxious, but then again, that’s just the gist of April fools’ pranks (besides the rare, fun ones). Move on with your life people.

And thanks @kepki for your efforts and time. Much appreciated.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@Kylan_Pepper
Hahaha, you might want to take a break so the frustration doesn't eat you up completely but your frustration is well placed.

I appreciate (good) scanlation teams because they do raise awareness and help bring series to places where they can be licensed so I can buy them without paying $1000000 in shipping, but the territory claims are fucking ridiculous. You don't get dibs on stealing someone else's content. Even if you pay for raws, taking someone else's work without permission and claiming it as "your" project, that's art theft.
Like goddamn, trying to claim moral high ground as a pirate...you've gotta have either no awareness or be a narcissist.

Group Leader
Here's my official comment on this situation as the main raw provider for this series (and someone who worked their asses off to kickstart this series in LLS). I don't have a problem with the readers being upset with our April fool's joke/prank (whatever you want to call it). I completely understand it if you guys believe it was too far (of a joke) and I do apologize for it. It was a harmless joke and most of the people in our server thoroughly enjoyed it but, again, I understand and apologize (again). Here is what I have a problem with, someone taking our project because of the joke. I am sure most readers do not know or understand the amount of work scanlation groups place into their projects. For someone to take our project is completely disheartening and upsetting especially after seeing so many vile comments about us over what we believe to be a harmless joke. Especially the comments towards Viopera who has put so much of her time and effort into this scanlation group and ALL of our projects. Furthermore, it is true that none of us have official claims to a series but please understand this: it is an unspoken agreement that whichever scanlation group first releases chapters for a project, they have “claims” to said project until a 6-month gap between releases occurs. This may not mean much to readers that have not worked in scans but please understand that it does to us. It is like having someone take something away, that you have worked extremely hard on and is super proud of. Please understand this is why we are upset @kepki and all other readers. Again, I apologize that the April fool’s prank went overboard and we promise to improve but please also understand our point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread