Arafoo Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki

I love isekai, but the level and number of cliche writer's errors is too high for me on this one. The translation's editing can be overlooked, but he base story is just unfortunately too many problems for me to keep reading. It's kind of on the border of being passible, but in the end on the wrong side of that border.

Dex-chan lover
@Swadloon

i have read the little bit of the light novel that have been translated and i can say that the romance element is pretty slim so you should not vorry too much about it.
This is more him getting unlucky or lucky depending on how you see it.
He tends to mess things up with his lack of common sence and god just seem to like messing with him in general.
but in terms of romance, its not really a big focus, she mostly just looks up to him as her master who is a god among men from what i have read.
and there is no romance tag on it so there is also that.
ofc its still cliche as hell, but a little bit of trash food now and then wont kill you :p

@Goldenzeal thanks, i can continue to enjoy this with that manic pixie dream girl trope notion happening, out of the way.
i like the junkfood that're isekais, i just do not like little girl objectified when a manga is being wholesome.
if its done from the start, then maybe i would be ok with it. but if a story have been conditioning the reader and then blow it up with chuniibyu wish fulfillment. then that is no bueno.(just an example)

I also hate the fact that in most mangas, they feel lucky or excited when they see 14-16 year old naked?
even if they are adults. maybe its a culture thing.

Double-page supporter
For those wanting to see his status tranlated: https://silverliningtranslations.wordpress.com/potential-projects/arafoo-isakei-chapter-01/

for those who said the translate is bad i ll gladly send them PSD files if they want to help fixing it
by the way English is my third language so maybe that's way the English is bad and i m working in this series alone just me for 24 hours for chapter try to imagine how hard it can get by trying to extract japanese from bubles with the help of some programs and then use google translates for every single sentence and you go to the translated web novel to see if the translation is right or not
and when done translating you fight again with cleaning the raws and type sitting so thank you for your support

This is manga is the same as every other isrkai except this time the MC has facial hair. Zzz

Dex-chan lover
UMU!
another ossan huh.. nice.. not some edgy teen..
PS: i dig the meganeko.. :D

Dex-chan lover
@Swadloon

well, the legal age in japan is 13, and to be fair in most medieval cultures it was sometimes even less......
but yeah i can agree that if i actually turn on my brain and think about some stuff that happens in some mangas i sometimes get those weird not so fuzzy feelings too.

a great example, even if a little diffrent is Potion danomi de Ikinobimasu or " I Shall Survive Using Potion! "
it's a lighthearted nice girl MC who gets god powers with no real goal other then to do whatever she wants, but she is not all that smart and mess up a ton despite being as powerful as a god when she dont plan ahead ( she is somehow really good at it but to lazy to actually do on a regular basis )
she is a overall nice person, but at one point in the story she...
literally commits like 3 different war crimes in the course of a single arc.
i had a riot when the latest chapter of the manga (as of when i post this) actually adressed this in the end credits and pointed it out.

i hope he does destroy the world with his improved magic spells imagine people only cast small fire ball suddenly able to NUKE A MIDDLE SIZED TOWN because mana costs

old small fire ball 50,000 mana
new small fire ball 25 mana x 2000 times = 50,000 mana
????
for example

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

Double-page supporter
The translation need some small cleaning here and there. But its pretty easy to understand so its not really a big problem.

Thank you asafoo

@nkinta This needs some serious proofreading. It's not that there are many translation mistakes, it just seems like you were too hasty writting and didn't read what you wrote (misspelling, concatenation, repetition, etc). I can't blame you too much because if I were to do your job I would damn sure do the same, but that's why there is usually more than one person involved.

I'm enjoying this and I can sort of fill in the blanks by made by typos and serious translating reaches.. but I can't help thinking that this was translated from Japanese to English by someone who understands neither but has a lot of time to spend on google translate.

I keep seeing it in the top views for the day, and opening it, remembering how awful the translation quality is, and then closing the tab again

@Goldenzeal we in the clear. he aint a degenerate incel ?
I think that incident was just a plot device to remove the notion of him being a lolicon.

keep up the good work

it's not like the mistype affect the readability that much , but that's life , keep improving

thank you for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread