Arafoo Kenja no Isekai Seikatsu Nikki

Aggregator gang
Thank you so much for translating this manga! Loving the storyline and characters ?

Why bother trying to translate something to english if you don't know the language well?

Dex-chan lover
@Swadloon

guy walking in on a girl naked is a pretty common plot device to get some slapstick humor ?
there was none of that here, unless you count the fact that grandpa got mad over it and made funny faces i guess ?
so i think the biggest reason for it was indeed to show just how much she "respects " him while not having any romantic feelings..... ok lets be real here she dose, but she dont realise it...
he is the "ideal magic user", not the perfect husband after all?
the romantic parts were pretty low-key in the lightnovel, but there is only a few chapters and you never know what the mange changes so i cant say i know what is going to happen later on....
also i want to point out that she said "it was diffrent then with grandfather" on page 9.
so this means the old man have seen her naked ?
so if there is a lolicon its him.

Dex-chan lover
@ zedocax

1. Its a decent way to get better.
2. Even if its not perfect, a decent translation is better then no translation.
3. ????
4 profit.

ok with that joke out of the way, let's be real here. i have all the respect in the world for people who can and do translated mangas so i might be heavily biased here.
it might not be perfect, and some do it for free while other don´t ( even if they usually gets copied up on other sites eventually anyhow )
but in my opinion, a translation dont have to be perfect as long as you get most of it right.
as long as you get your readers to understand 95 % of the meaning you are good to go.
you might think that a bad translation is bad, but if the other option is to have nothing at all. i would rather go with having the first option.
besides usually if translations are THAT bad so that you almost can´t understand it, someone else comes along to translate it better eventaully if the original material is decent. ( or it gets an anime made )
And personally i don't have a problem with his translations, i have seen ALOT worse.

also Japanese build sentences a lot different from how English.
this is why you cant just translate word for word and get a good translation.
this alongside exceptions to rules are one of the hardest things to learn in a language, and lets not talk about genders of nouns in Spanish ?
so i wellcome our translation overlords who allow me to spend my free time reading mangas on this website instead of doing something productive with my life, despite being a poor student who lives on lukewarm spaghetti.

end of rant.

I’m game. Translation is a little off sure but i am not exactly drowning in isekai so I’ll take it. Goldenzeal has his head on right. Practice makes perfect and this persons efforts should be applauded. Totally, the more traffic a story gets and the more visibility, the more likely the chance a team will come along to clean up early chapters. Language, art or both.

so, this guy saved by the goddess from forced suicide by transferring him to a new world that was made just to save him and he called the goddess a bitch? and also after he was given all those OP skills, instead of thanking the goddess he grumbled and shouted that the gods are his enemy? what a fucking ungrateful bastard

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN yeah except aqua didn't save kazuma, didn't create new world for him, didn't give him OP skills (though to be fair she gave him choice), in short, totally different

@fuadhika
Except, this goddess didn't do that either. She asked for favors from her friends. Also, he is pissed because his friends died because the goddess was too lazy to seal the evil guy... Buuuuuuut was powerful enough to all those shenanigans with her friends... My point is that it that the intro is quite lacking consistency and logic. As most isekais goes. It is bad. But I like it.

@MarceloYuri nah, she and her friends created the new world to save him and kindly enough to design it like the game he loved, too bad though she was late for his friends, she actually could just ignore the mc and let him die like his friends but she saved him anyway, better late than never right

but yeah it's kinda illogical that somehow the evil spirit assimilated into the game and got defeated for real if it defeated in the game, it's sad that authors became more and more lazy about backstory in this genre

Group Leader
@zedocax following your mindset, scanlation would be quite scarse, learning also requires trials and errors, you can't begin something and be perfect at it.
They even publicly asked for someone to help them proofread it.

@Goldenzeal thanks for being so understanding, to defend my hon hon hon comrades, I have to say our educational system sucks big time in teaching any and all languages, even our own language is poorly taught (can't blame all the teachers, even the best ones still have to follow the program).

edit: holy... never mind all of what's below, hadn't noticed the teams had changed.
If it can put your minds at ease, I've PMed them to ask if they were willing to take me in for PR / QC roles on this series.
I'm surprised they don't have someone filling these roles by now, I've seen a lot of people complaining about it, this should mean all of that dissatisfied lot should be able to provide some PR to make everyone else happier about it, right ?

Now, if they allow me to take a seat around their table, I can't promise a 100% perfect proofreading, I'm not a native English speaker either, I believe my English to be more than correct but I keep learning a few things here and there and I'm still prone to mistakes due to learning most of it from internet (where everyone, including non-natives, speak English). However, I'm a native French which should help a lot understanding each others within the group as I'll be able to hear from them the nuances they aren't able to convey from their own English knowledge.

Weeeell, maybe I'm being too hasty telling all this and should just wait for their answer but I'm just excited about helping deliver some good quality content ?

If ever you guys need a real english proofreader, I can provide some support. Even though I am not free at any hour because I have to attend several meetings and work, I will spare time to proofread chapters for you.
Qualifications : Born in a british-colonized country, used to proofread a variety of dissertations and EOY projects

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I love the MC but it doesn't have to be an isekai at all. It could've just been a normal fantasy manga with an OP wizard. The author making it an isekai kinda shot himself in the foot for this one, since it would've worked well on its own.

Such a shame.

Fed-Kun's army
He's so cool first chapters were weak but it's taking good form

Users who are viewing this thread