Arakure Ojousama wa Monmon Shiteiru

Double-page supporter
@Ryallen Well first off this is a fictional story. Even if we delete that from the argument, then we must realize that we were told all that information not shown. This alone significantly lessens the impact of how people interpret her. Also, this extreme behavior has never shown up in the story as of yet. What has been shown, is a girl who gets flustered and defensive when interacting with a character who is aggressive and straightforward. We have also seen raunchy scenes between the two while also witnessing very delicate scenes as well with neither ending up in a negative life altering situation. If a couple lines of dialogue that were written for what appears to be the sole purpose of setting up a character's identity and also partially explain why she approaches her crush in the manner that she does, then I feel for you dude. This just isn't the story for you.

Imagine some chick is on trial for murdering 3 guys because she didn't like their faces and the judge was like
"Yo she pretty cute rn tho. She's free to go"

@F00M Did you miss the initial chapters? You are aware that the whole reason why she even approached the male MC is explicitly because she wants to frame him for sexual assault and she discovered that she's sexually repressed because all she did instead of masturbating or date was frame men she didn't like for rape and sexual assault, right? She outright says that she wants to frame him for attacking her because he keeps calling her out for doing dumb stuff, like everyone else

Dex-chan lover
Taking bets on how long it'd take for Kiritsu to be beaten to death in any other setting.

@Xeare204
Imagine some chick is on trial for murdering 3 guys because she didn't like their faces and the judge was like, "Yo she pretty cute rn tho. She's free to go"
You joke, but with the accelerating rate of increase of SIMPs in the general population, this may eventually come to pass, after laws have been rewritten to favor e-girls and twitch THOTs.

@Ryallen I'm nearly certain that everything, including character's backstories and personalities, have been exaggerated for comedic effect. She is the way she is to make the current situation funny. He is the way he is for the same reasons. These characters and situations aren't meant to be taken so seriously. You can clearly see that the female lead is a terrible person, but that doesn't mean you can't laugh at her antics.

OH MY GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES, SO THIS IS THAT THING? THAT RARE THING THAT YOU ALMOST NEVER CAN SEE? "DEVELOPMENT"?

@Kirjath I don't mind laughing at her antics, half the fun of most comedies I like is seeing horrible people get what's coming to them. The issue is that 90% of the comments are about how cute horny big tittied tsundere should get with swole chad glasses guy because they're so cute together, and don't at all remember that she has a history of false accusations of sexual assault and that justice needs to be served

@Ryallen I'm not so certain that justice needs to be done at all, actually. First, we're informed that anyone who annoys her gets expelled. That's bad, yes. She's definitely abusing her power there. But all we actually have to go off of is how she approaches the male lead. Most often, as in chapter 1 and 2, she leaves the initiation up to Masashi. If he acts in those scenarios, it's still assault. I'm willing to bet it was the same for her previous victims. That said, there are times like chapter 4 where she's quite aggressive, and could definitely be accused of assaulting the poor guy, but that seemed more accidental on her part; something that turned into an opportunistic plan. I highly doubt she even needed to go as far with the others.

She's arrogant and immature, no questions about it. As shown by chapter 18, these previous actions are only going to harm her future relationships. To that end, I'm quite certain that she's already beginning to reap what she's sown in the past. But to say she'd need justice for trapping some unknown characters off-screen seems a bit harsh to me. It's practically an informed attribute, something I haven't seen her successfully do as of yet.

Right now, it's just played for absurdist comedy. I still ship them.

@Kirjath Chapter 3 and 5, as you're demonstrably aware, both indicate that she isn't unfamiliar with placing herself and/or her target into situations that explicitly aren't sexual assault but seem so and would use them as proof of the target's wrongdoing, despite no wrongdoing having actually taken place. The fact that she tries to even do it to the protag is already proof enough that they shouldn't get together on the basis that she's still a manipulative and dishonest person. She doesn't think that she was wrong for doing any of that, all she's done is shift her goal to one more "sincere." That "absurdist comedy" is still based on something super fucked up. People don't make rape jokes because the subject matter is fucked up, why should this be any different? She's still guilty of framing people for sexual assault, that shouldn't suddenly get ignored just because she's horny now

@Ryallen And you're right, it shouldn't be ignored. But I'm very certain that she'll be getting some form of comeuppance for her actions. Heck, it's already causing her to fail completely time and time again (as is what happened with her pseudo confession in chapter 6, and most of her interactions since). The manga is showing us that she's experiencing setbacks precisely because she's rather awful. I think there's both room for growth and room to explore how her past actions have affected others.

But I understand if this sort of thing would still bother you. Japan has a rather unfortunate history around sexual assault, and I'm not sure a manga like this is really intended to explore that in any sincere fashion. If it did, I'd be pleasantly surprised. For now, I'm giving the mangaka the benefit of the doubt when it comes to how seriously they'll explore this character's history. I mean, we haven't even seen the grandmother principal yet, and that seems like it's an important piece of the whole "gets students expelled" thing.

@Kirjath I do appreciate the acknowledgement, I really do. I get yelled at for pointing this sort of shit out all the time. My main gripe is mostly with the comments though. They're all rooting for the sexual criminal to get with the only person she wasn't able to victimize, and it bothers me (note, not confuses) that no one else brings this up.

Any other manga like this?
And to those complaining that the girl a bad person and we shouldn’t like her: The thing that makes her such a fun character is her transformation to being a normal person. She doesn’t even try to catch him in that small room there were no cameras. Have you really never seen a manga where the bitchy girl is always being fawned over? It’s called a tsundere

The flow of the story is starting to get really frustrating with the author baiting us, the readers, with hints of reciprocated feelings while doing nothing to build up on it. I'm not saying I want a fast phased story, I just want to see some development here.

@Kekekekeke
The development this chapter is that Tadashi cares about Tsubaki's opinion and outlook of him --> hence why he got so aggravated and hurt by her lumping together of him and "human trash"

Dex-chan lover
ngl when she said

I am sorry

I definitely felt emotion there considering her personality and what she has done to the MC

most if not all "bully the MC" manga doesn't have the FMC to say this kind of things

Users who are viewing this thread