Are You Okay With a Slightly Older Girlfriend? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - First date with the princess

Dex-chan lover
@Siquall

Point. If you think about it, you can say this guy has more balls than other romcom MC's always tiptoeing around the subject (w/ variations of laser guided denseness or the irritating Tsun-type childhood friend etc.)

Group Leader
I feel so bad for him. What's will the shock be like when he realizes she's that much older? In make-believe, it's exciting. In real life, it's just creepy/scary.

Supporter
That DOES put a lot of pressure on her, as someone with a pretty big deception she's got going on

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone
Both people being ok with it relies on both knowing the age difference. I personally judge dating older people being ok on age of consent, so in Japan that would be between 13 (what the fuck, Japan?) and 18. It's 15 where I live.

Why do people keep repeating this? it's practically a lie. Searching it isn't difficult.

There are three primary laws that define the age of consent: the Penal Code of Japan, the Juvenile Obscene Acts and the Civil Codes. Each of these set out different definitions of when sexual activity is acceptable, with some applying to the whole of Japan and others to specific prefectures (Japan is divided into 47 administrative jurisdictions).

The Penal Code of Japan was established in 1907 and sets the age of consent at 13. Any sexual activity with a person under this age is always considered to be statutory rape and can result in a prison sentence of up to 20 years. However, chapter 34 of the Children Welfare Act also forbids any act of 'fornication' with children (defined as anyone under 18 years of age).

The Juvenile Obscene Acts, which take precedence over the Penal Code, set out laws relating to the age of consent for specific prefectures. In some, sexual activity with anyone below the age of 15 is illegal, but in others the age of consent is as high as 18. In these prefectures, engaging in sexual activity with a person under the age of consent can lead to a prison sentence of up to five years, depending on the prefecture. Although rare, in some prefectures, even hugging or holding hands with someone underage can be illegal.

The Civil Codes again approach the age of consent at the prefecture level (and sometimes municipalities within a prefecture). In Japan, anyone under the age of 20 is not considered to be an adult, so parental consent plays a significant role in legal issues affecting young people under this age (for example, no one under 20 can sign a legal contract without parental consent). In relation to the age of consent, this means that, in some prefectures, it is illegal to date a person under the age of 20 without written consent from their parents. This applies regardless of the age of the partner as Japan does not have a 'close-in-age exemption' in relation to the age of consent (i.e. even if one person is 20 and the other is 19).

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/age-of-consent-by-country/

Dex-chan lover
@Anoon2323 Hey man, don't blame me for not intricately researching something for a one-off comment. A quick Google-search told me 13 in federal law, up to 18 in prefectural law. Thanks for correcting me I guess, but maybe tone down the accusations a bit.

Double-page supporter
He doesn't know the first two Smash games? He's clearly a heathen unworthy of her company.

Dex-chan lover
Page 18 indirectly confirmed that Izumi is a reverse trap indeed.

Dex-chan lover
Considering her reaction when he said his father is 23 years old, them being born in the same 'animal cycle' and there being 12 animals in that cycle... She's probably 12 years older than him.

Dex-chan lover
It's so much fun watching her fumble and feel old. I'm kinda sad that the charade seems like it's gonna drop so fast.

Users who are viewing this thread