Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - At the Inn

Fed-Kun's army
i thought it was just a game... it was just a game but it was real.... he swims... he talks.. he... he.... he..............

*tooooooot*

Dex-chan lover
@kiriha. the skipped bits are pretty important in terms of character introduction and comedic effect how about you try reading up a bit on the LN now.

Dex-chan lover
@LavSingh It's been on my back log but with how busy i'am lately, it's gonna be long before i read it. Anyway, it doesn't feels like there's anything missing by now so i'm okay with the manga. It's also possible to add the skipped bit later as a flashback if it really important.

@carlxd101 This chapter of the manga is the last chapter of Volume 2 of the LN. You could pick up Vol 3 and continue from page 1. I honestly recommend starting from the first LN though, there's a lot of stuff removed to speed up the progression of the story in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@LavSingh
If its not up to par then feel free to not read it. I do agree it feels lackluster thanks to the obvious gaps and skips in the story. I however cannot enjoy light novels or books easily enough to bother reading them. So this is going to be the only exposure i get to the story. Hopefully they give it an anime based on the novel instead.

@phil777
Its nothing to do with mature women. I like everything so i can say with certainty that its just a different appeal. You could have a mature woman and still want a loli. They have nothing to do with eachother. Just like how i can have a girl and still want a guy. People just have different attractions is all. If you have multiples it should become apparent that one isn't a stopgap for the other. Thats like saying someone likes brunettes because they can't handle blondes. No, they just like brunettes.

@Kiriha Dunno if they plan to do that, but I still feel it'd be better to have them when they happened in the story.

Eg.
Having the view of the Hero party when Hajime and Yue killed the Hydra on floor 100 of the abyss (200 in total), where they faced off vs. the Behemoth. It helped showed how determined Kaori was (IMO), and gave us a general regard to how powerful they were at the time.

Dex-chan lover
this manga doesnt give the novel justice, it's sad that they remove ALOT of shit from the novel =/

Dex-chan lover
no but ill sell you my fist, for free... so technically im giving it away... but u dont get to keep it of course... just the bruises,... and the broken bones...and the brain damage... and the brain damage...

Contributor
WN Spoiler Warning. It's about SEX, fellas

Now, there's actually an insanely interesting detail in this chapter which can be interpreted in quite a peculiar way. I don't really see people noting it, however, so let me elaborate on that then.

In the inn scene, at night, in WN Hajime doesn't kick Shia out of their room. It actually drives a lot of people nuts (especially if you remember that last time they all shared a room there before the dungeon he made an oath to spend the next time only with Yue), and it can also be considered a point in the WN where it started being a cliched harem story with an edgy teenage boy as a MC. And it goes even more downhill from there.

Now here, mangaka changed the scene completely by having Hajime kick Shia out without batting an eye. Why would he do this? It literally changed the whole scene to one where Hajime actually wants to keep his word and spend the night with his lover. A bit of a late one, but to those of you who didn't know (why are you reading spoilers, anyway?) Hajime and Yue had sexual relationships even since they cleared the Oscar Labyrinth. Even more, they spend two months there playing out their newlywed live with everything that such a thing would imply (lots, lots of sex). That's why it's a 'mature shounen' novel, by the by. I guess the magazine didn't want to show that part of the story, which is quite sad, since it's like the cornerstone that actually cements the relationships of Hajime and Yue. Yep-yep, psychologically, people think of others belonging to them (or, more poetic, being part of them) after having sex. Props to the mangaka for weaseling out of this restriction with that night scene, I guess. Now everyone understands that they sleep with each other.

If you keep that in mind, their relationships after the first volume would seem, to put it bluntly, surreal. Partners, lovers even, that engage in a healthy sexual relationships and that plan to spend their lives together wouldn't let a sexually-aggressive third party (Shia, the worthless bunny in heat) disturb their much awaited quality time together, let alone let her sleep in the same bed as one of them. It's crazy. We're not even discussing here why they didn't have sex between the Orcus Labyrinth and now. That's unrealistic too. Especially for those that had sex at least once a day up until now. I wonder if author ever researched the topic of the impact that sex has on couples' lives. Let alone if he had such relationships. But then again, that much is common knowledge, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to guess that people that have sex regularly would continue to have it unless something prevents them from it (mainly, a quarrel).

I mean... At this point most people probably wondered whether Yue has seriously become... well, retarded. No woman in her situation, no matter how she liked Shia or how she appraised her work would let her do this. The CPR scene can be kinda explained, though with much leeway, but not this scene. It's just too much.

My point is, after seeing how mangaka changed the scene to something actually adequate considering the story so far (and incidentally going past censure that brushed off the whole sex thing and stating that Hajime and Yue are in 'that' kind of relationships), I wonder. Is the original story so incoherent regarding this moment that even mangaka, someone who mainly just adapts the text into pictures, has seen how bad it is and changed it? Like, even if pressed, I'd have a really hard time coming up with a similar example in other works.

P.S. Actually, the reason why the WN method doesn't really work and why it made (and makes) so much people pull their hair out in frustration, is because for a harem to work, there shouldn't be a proper relationship established. While there usually is a 'main' girl, till the very end every one of them has at least an actual chance. Incidentally, the reason why harem protagonists are often dense as a log is because a normal person would just pick himself a partner quite quickly. While in theory, he could sleep with all of them, if there are actuall 'love' involved (like in case of Hajime and Yue), they wouldn't do it if they can help it in order to preserve their current relationships. While biologically, we tend to be polygamous, being highly sophisticated social animals, we can and do control ourselves.

TL;DR Hajime loves Yue, so when in WN he lets Shia stay at night with them it makes almost zero sense. Same goes for Yue being able to tolerate Shia assaulting Hajime. My guess is that mangaka realized how absurd this was, too, and hence changed the scene. Even though he's supposed to adapt the novel, not edit it.

Users who are viewing this thread