Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - At the Inn

@N0Mi0 Thanks for the explanation. Gotta admit though, for those of us with no clue about anything in the novel the inn scene does really throw you for a loop (It's why I came to the comments section hoping someone would tell me when the hell they became a couple).

I don't personally don't see anything wrong with Shia. It's more like they have a daughter (kinda. sorta. if you squint really hard) or a best friend than a potential lover. Plus it wouldn't be the first manga where the main couple becomes a trio or more.

I would also like to point out harems make a lot of sense if you are poly and/or know poly people. It does take a lot of work though.

Group Leader
N0Mi0:
2 years
WN Spoiler Warning. It's about SEX, fellas
Now, there's actually an insanely interesting detail in this chapter which can be interpreted in quite a peculiar way. I don't really see people noting it, however, so let me elaborate on that then.

In the inn scene, at night, in WN Hajime doesn't kick Shia out of their room. It actually drives a lot of people nuts (especially if you remember that last time they all shared a room there before the dungeon he made an oath to spend the next time only with Yue), and it can also be considered a point in the WN where it started being a cliched harem story with an edgy teenage boy as a MC. And it goes even more downhill from there.

Now here, mangaka changed the scene completely by having Hajime kick Shia out without batting an eye. Why would he do this? It literally changed the whole scene to one where Hajime actually wants to keep his word and spend the night with his lover. A bit of a late one, but to those of you who didn't know (why are you reading spoilers, anyway?) Hajime and Yue had sexual relationships even since they cleared the Oscar Labyrinth. Even more, they spend two months there playing out their newlywed live with everything that such a thing would imply (lots, lots of sex). That's why it's a 'mature shounen' novel, by the by. I guess the magazine didn't want to show that part of the story, which is quite sad, since it's like the cornerstone that actually cements the relationships of Hajime and Yue. Yep-yep, psychologically, people think of others belonging to them (or, more poetic, being part of them) after having sex. Props to the mangaka for weaseling out of this restriction with that night scene, I guess. Now everyone understands that they sleep with each other.

If you keep that in mind, their relationships after the first volume would seem, to put it bluntly, surreal. Partners, lovers even, that engage in a healthy sexual relationships and that plan to spend their lives together wouldn't let a sexually-aggressive third party (Shia, the worthless bunny in heat) disturb their much awaited quality time together, let alone let her sleep in the same bed as one of them. It's crazy. We're not even discussing here why they didn't have sex between the Orcus Labyrinth and now. That's unrealistic too. Especially for those that had sex at least once a day up until now. I wonder if author ever researched the topic of the impact that sex has on couples' lives. Let alone if he had such relationships. But then again, that much is common knowledge, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to guess that people that have sex regularly would continue to have it unless something prevents them from it (mainly, a quarrel).

I mean... At this point most people probably wondered whether Yue has seriously become... well, retarded. No woman in her situation, no matter how she liked Shia or how she appraised her work would let her do this. The CPR scene can be kinda explained, though with much leeway, but not this scene. It's just too much.

My point is, after seeing how mangaka changed the scene to something actually adequate considering the story so far (and incidentally going past censure that brushed off the whole sex thing and stating that Hajime and Yue are in 'that' kind of relationships), I wonder. Is the original story so incoherent regarding this moment that even mangaka, someone who mainly just adapts the text into pictures, has seen how bad it is and changed it? Like, even if pressed, I'd have a really hard time coming up with a similar example in other works.

P.S. Actually, the reason why the WN method doesn't really work and why it made (and makes) so much people pull their hair out in frustration, is because for a harem to work, there shouldn't be a proper relationship established. While there usually is a 'main' girl, till the very end every one of them has at least an actual chance. Incidentally, the reason why harem protagonists are often dense as a log is because a normal person would just pick himself a partner quite quickly. While in theory, he could sleep with all of them, if there are actuall 'love' involved (like in case of Hajime and Yue), they wouldn't do it if they can help it in order to preserve their current relationships. While biologically, we tend to be polygamous, being highly sophisticated social animals, we can and do control ourselves.

TL;DR Hajime loves Yue, so when in WN he lets Shia stay at night with them it makes almost zero sense. Same goes for Yue being able to tolerate Shia assaulting Hajime. My guess is that mangaka realized how absurd this was, too, and hence changed the scene. Even though he's supposed to adapt the novel, not edit it.

Last edited 2 years by N0Mi0.
Thanks for the explanation, now I feel more at ease

Group Leader
@Kampfarsch
tnE61Zh.png

Yee-haw

Dex-chan lover
Calm your tits edge-boy. Bah it feels so pretentious when you already know he doesn't mean it, nor pull thru.

Guys dont donate to the translaters most people do it for free in their spare time and you cant put ads on mangadex

Users who are viewing this thread