Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - "That Person"

Double-page supporter
I mean, why did he kill her? Wasn't the thing that made antiheroes interesting the fact that they're utilitarians instead of idealists? Was she really going to escape without her legs? Couldn't she have provided some good intel, atleast judging from her power? Let's be real people, this was edgy for edge's sake.

Let’s suppose he doesn’t kill her

Someone that powerful will eventually get out of the place you’re holding her still and Hajime was not going to be around forever so there was no other choice than killing her

Dex-chan lover
@KriegGuardsman because he doesn't need her anymore, what exactly would the point be for Hajime himself who doesn't ally himself with anyone, to keep her alive? To be a goody-two-shoes hero?

@KriegGuardsman that isn't what being an anti-hero means. Often (but not necessarily) it's the exact opposite even. Also he couldn't have been sure that the others would be able to keep her prisoned. She might still have an ass up her sleave the others can't deal with. Some corrupted shit might let her go. This ominous strong person might come and free her and kill everyone in the process etc. etc. Killing her was the safe approach. He had no use for her anymore and doesn't care about the ideals of the others. Letting her go would've been super out of character and ruin the whole character development of becoming an anti-hero in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
well next chapter will pass the anime and we then go into webnovel territory which im excited about since i heard that after this point is where it gets super fucking interesting with him having a
successful harem that actually works in the story since ive seen some snipbits

Double-page supporter
@KriegGuardsman
He is utilitarian. She exceeded her worth, and racked up a lot of points to prove she would come back as a threat. He knows where he needs to go, and really doesn't give a fuck about anything else. Him doing that in front of them further pushed the point of "leave me alone", even if she was on a slightly worth killing scale chasing them away from him is for his benefit and worth remembering.

Dex-chan lover
who's looking forward to the next chapter? honestly these few chapter are part of my favorites even in the Novel. sure enough they made it quite short on the Manga but still a whole lot better than in the anime. so yeah, looking forward to the next few chapters until MC leaves that area. :D

Users who are viewing this thread