Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 8 Ch. 47 - Shirasaki Kaori

Kouki is giving me serious Suzaku vibes from Code Geass. I never could stand that naïve idiot, his white knight LARP was also largely due to his own insecurities and weaknesses and it ended up getting a shitload of people killed and causing huge problems. Hypocritical valor is a dire insult to actual valor and the people who value it.

I am glad, however, that apparently this is now officially better than the anime. I never watched it, and probably never will, but I knew some LN people who watched it were worried this would have the same fuckups. It's good to know we're rising above whatever adaptational fuckery ruined the anime.

Dex-chan lover
Feels good bro. Now I’m just waiting for that last little bit of confrontation between kouki and hajime

Dex-chan lover
>When people compare the anime to this
Bruh, yall should be comparing to the novel instead. Source material, but...

I think this is the first obvious big change. Iirc, the anime followed the novel here (I might be wrong though as its been a long time since I read the first couple volumes) with the army waiting instead of the trash. This change was prob to make Kaori's conclusion of her feelings and whatnot feel more natural, as she was prob the weakest of the harem there. Not a bad change. Art seems to be dipping a bit in quality, though that could be me. Lost the dark grittiness and starting to look a bit more of a typical revenge isekai. Not a big fan of that change.

Edit: Looking back at the chapter, I think it was just all the blank and gradient backgrounds. They could've done a bit more to match the mood. ie. the panel of Hajime saying its normal to kill enemies while looking pissed/annoyed at Kouki. Hajime had that dark shadow, but then the bg is just a gradient. Kind of killed the mood. Some of the later ones are blank too but eh...

Dex-chan lover
For starters, they removed Kaori's reaction when she hears Myu calling Hajime "Papa" (wonder if they would go the same route as Anime, and bring that up later).

Also, i wonder if they would skip the part relating to Kouki from the Novel (around the time of Kaori's confession) in the Manga, like in the Anime, or would they use it.

Dex-chan lover
White knights with their stupid ideals that get everyone killed are just the worst.

@Grailm the kingdoms priority is hero and no one else and the heros priority is to give up and capture the target if they surrender.. su bretty messed up story ayyy

It's pretty consistent with what I feel about Hajime and the rest from light novel. Unlike the shitty anime, the anime really ruin hajime's dark character.

This was better than the anime in so many ways... I love it...

Thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
I still like this manga, but goddamn the edginess just gets worse. At least it seemed like in the earlier days, the edginess was acknowledged and self aware. This chapter though just felt like extreme edginess lol.

And Shirasaki iss bland and annoying. It'd be better if she didn't join, but alas this was destined to be. I hate characters with false, pretentious sense of morality, and Amadouchebag whatever his name is can also go suck it.

Users who are viewing this thread