Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

It's really good in the beginning, then
once the first dungeon is done it starts going downhill but still bearable. Shit really hits the fan when (spoiler from novel) he starts giving out powers to his "classmates" who tried to kill him 'because plot' while they're still throwing insults his way. And he takes it, like a retarded tsundere bitch "I-it's not like I want to help you even though you want to kill me, B-BAKA!".

Dex-chan lover
@RosieGold
There was more than 1 trying to kill him? Why
that would be a reason to say that the story is going down hill then

Double-page supporter
It's not going downhill... far from that.
And the spoiler in the last comments are so wrong I wonder if you really read the novel.

Hajime doesn't "give power for no reason".
Not only is he super reluctant to help, but when he actually decide to, his reasoning is LITERALLY "I may have trouble later if I'm the only one who's super OP, so let's increase the meatshield !"

Also he KILLS the classmates that tried to kill him. At first he leaves them alone because they aren't a threat at all to the current him.

And no, the novel may be written seriously but there's a lot of underlying parody and humor in it. The plot itself is serious but the characters usually aren't.

People tends to trash this story because they either can't understand the comedy or can't stand the shocking truth called character development.

Hajime starts weak guy, is then sent into abyss due to betrayal where he basically becomes an animal with nothing but survival of the fittest in his mind. He find waifu and that saves a bit of his humanity. He find Shia later and that forces him to pay a bit of attention to someone else than just Yue. There are others turning point to his personality, but if he didn't met both Yue and Shia he would have just become a monster.
I reread it recently and frankly it doesn't deserve to be called trash. The world building is good. The characters actually have some depth and reasons. Some things are a bit repetitive but that's a given in most WN. The plot actually EXISTS and move in a single, clear direction, something MOST Isekai are unable to do. Humor is a bit hit or miss but it's not that bad.

Double-page supporter
Why people don't know how to write anti-hero anymore...
What's the point of having an anti-hero if he behave exactly like your goody two shoes main character ?

Hajime is an action story tsundere rather than that anti-hero promised at first.
Gokudo & Lina Inverse are both better Anti-hero even though they are comic characters ! (Greedy, selfish, liers, cheaters, put the entire world in danger for selfish reasons, etc.)

i think one of the main point which ruined this manga is the harem because
it get out of hand really fast everyone start to like him for no reason even the loli teacher included and the males characters were just pure flat villain even the guys that didn't do shit to him start to be evil because he stole their crush
every new arc in the novel start like this
random dude see a disgusting rabbitwomen (they hate them) and a child (vampire)beside a famous op guy and he look strong
random dude : i gotta stick my dick in it even if it cost my life
op mc : one punch him
and repeat

Group Leader
Ikr, animation feels so bad. It's not absolutely bloody terrible, but the quality feels so off. It reminds me of that fairy tales grimoire anime that got cancelled becuase the animation was bad. At least in that anime it didn't feel so bad until halfway through the season, but I picked it up immediately in the anime adaption of arifureta

Double-page supporter
the animation isn't terrible, it is just how they began the anime's plot that irks me. Since it is not entirely chronological. But I would have stretched out the alone time and had it show him starving for a full episode. But they can't not show the heroine and have the protag by himself for 3 episodes in a harem series. They should have done what Tate no Yuusha did and gave a 45 minute episode 1 that showed all the intro stuff, and since it was extra long it would feel longer than just 2 episodes. The art style is okay. I prefer it and this manga over the light novel illustrations because it makes him look more wild. voices are okay too.

Users who are viewing this thread