Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

I was kinda pumped for the anime, then... A huge pile of hot, steaming shit was dumped on everyone who watched. SMH

@monkey123 The "anime", if i can even call it that, is a mess in terms of pacing. Instead of trying to introduce Hajime from the very beginning and make us sympathize with him, it immediately dove straight into the moment he "fell". Not only that, the events are continuously intertwined into one another, making things very confusing to follow and enjoy. It went from "Hajime fell" -> "Meet the monsters" -> Flashback to his study on the other world and learning about Holy Water (without telling us beforehand that this is an isekai btw) -> Return to the present where he regained consciousness -> Flashback to when the group met the Behemoth -> Return to the present of him wondering why he fell -> Flashback to him being hit by a fireball -> Return to the present of him despairing -> Flashback to Kaori's promise to protect him. This kind of constant switching between timelines makes the pacing downright horrible, with no organic transition and logical reordering of events. Not only that, the anime completely glossed over the details of Hajime being an "otaku" back in Japan, his class getting isekaied, and Ishtar (The Priest) along The King's Introductions.

Another disappointing thing is that the animation was extremely subpar, especially during the OP. There was no actual movements at all from any characters, just a slide show with some visual effects added on top. There was this one moment in the OP where the perspectives slowly closed in on Shia's ass, and it made me cringe. The CGI Behemoth and Skeletons were average at best, but they looked really weird while moving (most noticeably when the Behemoth was getting bombarded, or when it tried to get rid of the Transmutaion). What's worse, though, is the CGI magic and CGI boulders/walls, those were actually painful to watch. They looked like piles of goo slowly rising up from underneath rather than actual walls and rocks being created. The Ending sequence was nothing more than a Windows ME screensaver of two light dots dancing around the screen. Hajime running around with his shit-eating grin half way into the episode didn't really enhance the experience either, and only made him look edgier than needed. There is a difference between being confident and acting like a complete nutjob. His edginess is further emphasized when he verbally named his new gun, while in both the manga and LNs, they completely skipped over this part. And then we reached maximum edge when he ate the bear's severed hand in the midst of battle, for seemingly no reason at all. Keep in mind, the anime skipped over Hajime's inner monologues, so this visual exchange made him look edgier out of nowhere. The fact that he felt pain after eating the bear meat was also glossed over, so this just looks like one of those Rule of Cool moments even though it's unnecessary.

Dex-chan lover
^ Very true what this person said...

When I watch the anime I was confused as heck (lol), good thing I knew how the beginning is thanks to this Manga, though I feel kinda bad to those who didn't.

I personally can find it's okay because reasoning above, though that just personal opinion.
But generally speaking, the anime weird pacing is a terrible move. What is the weird pacing try to accomplish? Making the story progress faster?
Well in a sense I guess it's kinda work, probably in ep 2...
Hajime will met Yue and fight that dungeon boss like thingy, and maybe they'll also be ready to escape the dungeon.

Man.. What is it with White Fox studio and their odd animation choice, last time I recall they also make Goblin Slayer CG for some reason.

The anime is a piece of turd the manga is already fast paced but the anime is supersonic

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your warnings. Screw anime then. I guess they don't even show him fucking his waifus? Such a shame the manga also doesn't show it! 🙁

教えて 教えてよ その仕組みを 僕の中に誰がいるの?
壊れた 壊れたよ この世界で 君が笑う 何も見えずに
壊れた僕なんてさ 息を止めて
ほどけない もう ほどけないよ 真実さえ freeze
壊せる 壊せない 狂える 狂えない
あなたを見つけて 揺れた
歪んだ世界にだんだん僕は 透き通って見えなくなって
見つけないで 僕のことを 見つめないで
誰かが描いた世界の中で あなたを傷つけたくはないよ
覚えていて 僕のことを
鮮やかなまま
無限に広がる孤独が絡まる 無邪気に笑った記憶が刺さって
動けない 動けない 動けない 動けない 動けない 動けないよ
Unravelling the world
変わってしまった 変えられなかった
2つが絡まる 2人が滅びる
壊せる 壊せない 狂える 狂えない
あなたを汚せないよ 揺れた
歪んだ世界にだんだん僕は 透き通って見えなくなって
見つけないで 僕のことを 見つめないで
誰かが仕組んだ孤独な罠に 未来がほどけてしまう前に
思い出して 僕のことを 鮮やかなまま
忘れないで 忘れないで 忘れないで 忘れないで
変わってしまったことに paralyze
変えられないことだらけの paradise
覚えていて 僕のことを
教えて 教えて 僕の中に誰がいるの?

First episode of the anime is a dumpster fire so I think I'm going to ignore its existence and continue reading this

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus that anime was a hot steaming pile of crap. Although that might be a redflag that I'm getting to greedy when it comes to good series getting proper adaptations as of late. Time to tone down my expectations.

Is it just me who has a problem with the main character using guns like this? It just feels so off with the rest of the setting, especially with his other abilities.

Dex-chan lover
The anime is a dissapointment. I don't need to read neither the manga nor the LN to know that someone messed up when they were adapting this story. The pacing felt so fast-paced and the comment section were riddled with complaints that they have cut off all of the context behind this fantasy. I'll give the anime a couple more episodes and if I don't feel like they improved then I'm binging the manga. Not only that: the voice acting and sound effects for the anime were reaally great, but the 2D animation looks like what you would expect in a slice-of-life comedy and that CGI has to be so dark so that hopefully the viewers won't notice how stiffly-animated it is - which I did notice and it's horrible to know.

Sorry about the rant.

This story is trashy as hell but oh boy do I enjoy it as a dumb comedy
Tio is so hilariously masochistic

Dex-chan lover
@ABCsOfLife

AfaIk, Asread (who I now call Assread), is the main studio, while White Fox is just assisting them. Either way, I'll probably binge watch that trash, and maybe hope it gets better down the road. My local bookstore as started selling official translations of the LN, and probably the manga too, so I can at least give the creator some support, where I can't with the anime. Though I feel like they're probably pissed at how the anime ended up, considering it was delayed in the first place because they didn't like what they were planning for it.

Dex-chan lover
@kingoflames32 No, I've seen others complain about it too but I can't really agree. His abilities were focused on crafting to begin with. Him making more powerful versions of the weapons that currently see the most use in the world he originally came from makes a lot more sense to me than "Swords are so cool, I should use them," y'know what I mean? Don't get me wrong, I do like swords and sorcery as much as the next guy but if you're a crafter class, and you have knowledge of basic mechanisms for powerful ranged weapons as well as the materials to make them crazy good... it'd be weird not to try. I could understand if the problem is how easily he managed to make his first one and how well it turned out, but that also could be the loss of details from the manga adaptation (that first arc is pretty rushed apparently).

Idk? In my opinion, I think the voice acting for Hajime was lame too... When he fell down along with the gravel he screamed, but did anyone notice how he wasn't really screaming when his arm got ripped off from his body??? Also It feels like they put all of their money into animating the bosses and monsters rather than the actual characters fighting them. The pacing is GOD-AWFUL compared to the manga but the ranking goes like this. Anime<Manga<Novel. I recommended this series to one of my friends and now I feel embarrassed and don't know how to respond back... Hopefully they just read the manga or novel instead of the anime. SMH wasted potential...

Users who are viewing this thread