Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

Man Japanases authors...

Why do they have such hardons for guns? Its like such a dramatic build up to him making a pistol. I get its fantasy but dang the explanation for how it works too its just.. bruh.

Just your average power fantasy.. Bad all around

Dex-chan lover
A giant robot like thing with the mind of an outgoing human girl...

If anyone wants to read the novel in epub and pdf

https://lnwnepubs.com/arifureta/

It currently has 319 translated chapters!

Double-page supporter
I think it's the first isekai where MC really want to go back to his own world

Most either isekai move on from that or turn over a new leaf

Dex-chan lover
@ichi24 eh, idk, man.
there's the new gate and shield hero.
though shield hero is a tad complicated since he's in a constant state of emergency.

and i think the first digimon also counts.

Got into it early on because I have a thing for psychopaths, but what a blatant RIP off of Berserk.
Lost an eye, an arm. The art that shows just him as a shadow but illuminates his one eye.
I couldn't get over it. Plus he's already so strong, can't see any fights being interesting from here on out.

Dex-chan lover
@Ratik There is a little more to Berserk than "he lost an Arm and an Eye" you know? That's pretty much the only thing it shares with it.
Not to say this manga doesn't have issues ... more like it has dozen but I'm still entertained so I read it.

What's up with all the complaints of Japanese authors being obsessed with x,y, and z all the while making a depthless comparison with other stories? Go write your own. There's a broad range of genres to immerse yourself in. And like theShear said, there's more to Berserk, and to add - more to a story than just an obsession with guns.

it's funny to see german words used as mc's weapon names, one of his pistols is named "schlag" which translates to "blow/strike" but my german grandparents always called whipped cream "schlag" so in my head he's killing shit with a gun called "whipped cream"

Group Leader
@ak0ztik I have always avoided the novel since the reviews always say that this is a copout where the MC wants revenge but never gets any. Like, fake edgy stuff. But I'll give the manga a go.

Fed-Kun's army
He doesn't really WANT revenge, though. Just that after THAT happened, he decided to just look out for #1 instead of be the nice guy he used to be. Proof positive that even kind people have a breaking point.

Fed-Kun's army
@reika Actually about that?
In the web novel, he DOES get revenge. Not only that but the jackass who tried to murder Hajime was blackmailed by one of the classmates in the meantime. By the time Hajime finds out, he beats the ever-loving shit out of him and tosses him into the dungeon for the monsters to feast on.

don't really like the rabbit girl, but there's not much to be done about it.

Users who are viewing this thread