Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

So not that I'm complaining but the anime seems to have surpassed the manga here? Does that mean that the anime went in a different direction? Or that updating might take a while. Not that I mind, thank you for the translations!
Also, if y'all don't like it that's fine, but I find it a fun read.

Every once in a while I come back to enjoy volume 1 then I remember why I stopped reading

I honestly like this in the early chapters and then the harem starts and I lost my interest completely.

@SotiCoto Genuinely curious, what the "e-word" or is this some meme I'm not in on, lmao, I've just never heard that expression and I can't think of a single word it would be linked to.

Banned
@Yeetucus : The e-word is something I tend to block people instantly for using... at least if they're using it in a sincere sense.
The problem with explaining things like this though, is that usually upon actually explaining whatever it is, the normal response for people is to instantly go into troll mode and start doing it just to provoke me (because it isn't normal to them, and doesn't pose an obvious threat, their first response is usually to poke it)... which usually results in my block list suddenly bloating with new additions instantly.
It has got awfully dull...

BUT... with that disclaimer out of the way... the e-word is "edgy"... or its derivative "edgelord". See, when I see someone using those words in a non-ironic manner, what it actually conveys to me about them is they regard anything antisocial as inherently bad, regard themselves as superior for being compliant social clones, and have found the most brain-dead possible way of expressing their distaste for any and all forms of individual expression: rote regurgitation of words they deem insulting.
As such I know with a very high degree of probability that they're the sort of people I could not meaningfully communicate with in any way, and they'd just start making animal noises at me if I tried... so I tend to pre-emptively block them before the chance could even arise.

There are quite a few other clichés I tend to block people instantly for, and for very similar reasons... but I won't go into those.

Anyway... I wonder how many responses this will get from people trying to poke me into blocking them...

Dex-chan lover
"embrace the chuuni-demon that within me" the series

I like harem,if the members have actual progression story for adoring the mc and contribute to their character development

some isekai however, use that premise only as a device to try make their mc looks chad and charismatic.

@soticoto

... They regard anything antisocial as inherently bad, regard themselves as superior for being compliant social clones, and have found the most brain-dead possible way of expressing their distaste for any and all forms of individual expression: rote regurgitation of words they deem insulting.

So what are you saying is that you're basically an edgelord, that's why the word offend you so much?

why does it take so long for a new chapter?

I mean, why are the raws slow?

Double-page supporter
Had this in my backlog cause I've watched some of the anime already but damn, how did this nice art get translated into some CGI filled abomination? I thought the anime looked kind of bad to begin with but if you're comparing it to the manga it goes from "kind of bad" to absolutely bottom tier eye cancer.

@SotiCoto Sir, your autism is showing. Please stop waving it around in front of the children and put it back where it belongs.

Fed-Kun's army
Idk what to say. When I first read it I was really into it and was always waiting for a new chapter but when the mc got a harem it bored the hell out of me.

Fed-Kun's army
@DeliveRick Not sure if you are just new to manga or are trolling. Anime basically exists to market manga and normally only adapts small portions of it. Obviously some anime do get more attention but most anime are made on a minimum budget to attract manga sales.

Then it goes farther with a series like this. This manga is basically an advertisement for the LN/WN in the sameway, which is the source material for this series. Many LN's get adapted now so like half of the anime that come out recently probably have a mamga then a LN in turn.

Edit: Normally checking the links and related section of the description will let you know easily if the manga is a LN adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Its cool to see the the story illustrated, but they gloss over so much content its absurd. Your best off reading the LN then reading this. Avoid the anime at all costs.

1) Loly wify vampire
2) Big boobie bunny
3) S&M dragon
4) kid fish

Let me guess, manly wolf girl comes next? or will it be some sort of pig/orc that has the beauty the strangely defy the orc common uglyness feature?

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly liked the direction this took and now that its just gone full harem and its ironically kind of boring. I know many people were upset with this [until the anime happened] but it felt fairly unique with great to decent art and direction.

If this was ever properly adapted it would basically just be a hentai/doujinshi. The current stories stick out more in the LN because the rest of it is really raunchy harem. Here they just feel like boring harem plots.

Users who are viewing this thread