Arrogant Slave - Ch. 19 - A Visitor

Group Leader
author gonna make them kill her lil bro now?
Given that her little brother went off to fight XX army and the person at the door is someone from XX army hunting for fugitives (implying that MC was part of XX army), I would say that's highly unlikely.

what the point of theory ? just enjoy the roulette
I mean they made some pretty simple inferences from the obvious facts, it's helpful for grasping the overall picture when it hasn't been blatantly spelled out.

As for the cannibal business, while that would have been fun it doesn't seem to be the direction the story is taking.

Dex-chan lover
I liked the lightheartedness of the manga more prior to the developments of chapter 15. Feel like mangaka started taking the story too seriously when that's not at all what it started out as. Guess I'll wait this drama arc out and see if the story gets back to the usual episodic arrogant slave shenanigans.
Dude walks into a Hamita manga expecting some light-hearted shenanigans.
Sorry, bro, but it's probably only going to get uglier from here on.

Dex-chan lover
You're completely right, but I wonder if this manga is gonna be a bit different. It's already kinda unusual for Hamita, from what I can gather.

Dex-chan lover
So, who's gonna fuck him up? The bumpkin? Or the slave?
Or maybe a tag team?

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing MC is from XX army and probably killed him or helped to.
I am guessing that MC is NOT from the XX army, and that he is at a border village, and that they are here to help him defect.

OR

That bumpkin is a Ghost, who was killed with the village, and that this village was wiped out by MC's army.

Dex-chan lover
Is the mangaka known for tragedy? I only know them for the lewds.

Oh, nevermind. I checked their index and have actually read the pre-serialization of "This Italian Girl Has Become Such a Freeloader" up until chapter 41. It's surprisingly similar in setup to this one. Girl comes into male lead's life and starts living with him, has a more lighthearted dynamic for around the first 18 or so chapters, then mangaka introduces a love rival, ramps up the drama, starts illustrating with more accentuated shadows, rugged lines, darker tones, less colored panels, until entirely swapping to black and white at chapter 27. Then even more relationship drama ensues with the Italian girl's father and male lead facing internal conflict. This author has also done a lot of comedic one-shots though, one even featuring a slave girl similar in personality to the female lead in this. I could honestly see the story going either way at this point. Will have to wait and find out.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
see, this is called subverting expectations. the author/narrator/cinematographer shows you the close up of our main duo because the expectation is that it's establishing that army man is focused and looking at the duo. watch there be a huge dissonance when it's revealed that bumpkin girl is the fugitive (possibly one of many)

Dex-chan lover
Her alleged brother was a soldier drafted to fight the xx army? Slaveowner MC-kun is an (ex)soldier from the xx army. So if her story is to be believed then this village is in enemy territory, and the xx army reaching here means this area has fallen under their control. The "sea of blood" was possibly caused by soldiers and not bandits.

But it could still be a made up story. This alleged bumpkin could've come from another country to live her serial killer dreams at a village just across the border or something. Anyway, there no way next chapter isn't going to be bloody now that their pursuers have caught up.
Another darker scenario, is that she is a ghost, waiting for her brother to return, and that this village is newly conquered territory.

Now, if she is a ghost, and this is a supernatural manga, then i can see a terrible plot twist where the MC was dead, and the slave is a Valkyrie there to take him to the underworld. what we are seeing is MC's journey to the afterlife.

If so, 15 out of 10.

Users who are viewing this thread