Aru Hi Totsuzen, Gal no Iinazuke ga Dekita

huh?

Not sure what you're getting at man. I agree with what you just said. (actually argued with someone on another thread that tried saying gyaru also means slut because so many authors have written it that way).

I was more talking about tropes/commonalities in romcom fiction, not specific to any fashion style.
i see, but tbh its not only in fashion style but cuz gal tropes in romcom are mainly seen as really extroverted characters sometime jerks "who can get away from anything they do cuz of statue or their relative's statue (school, media and ects)" or horny JKs w/high segs drive or just mainly from the author's experience (most commun the case in romcoms)

Dex-chan lover
i see, but tbh its not only in fashion style but cuz gal tropes in romcom are mainly seen as really extroverted characters sometime jerks "who can get away from anything they do cuz of statue or their relative's statue (school, media and ects)" or horny JKs w/high segs drive or just mainly from the author's experience (most commun the case in romcoms)
I don't know about the author's experience part, cause a lot of the romcom authors are females.

tldnr: gyaru + western influence in the main cities (tokyo & kyoto), giving the outcome where most there are probably also hoes, with the authors living in those places, you get the outlook that the two go hand in hand.

But it's not because they're a gyaru, instead it's because that's the norm for people in general. You're an exception if you haven't had many partners if any. (this is true of all westerns cities, and not uncommon for dense cities in general, a law of numbers kinda thing).

I'd say more because of western influence if anything to be honest. Cause gyaru's are of western influence to some degree, but also in highly western influenced places like tokyo, it's become more acceptable to be promiscuous and to cheat.

There were surveys with 20-40% have cheated taken from the main cities like tokyo and kyoto, which is despite it usually being suicide, as everyone would shun you, and you'd be legally liable for damages (male or female, doesn't matter).

So it could be an amalgamation of those two factors, where the author is probably in a densely populated place like tokyo or kyoto, with heavy western influence of promiscuity, so in those places it is common for gyaru's to also be hoes. where as city borders and outside, it'd simply be a style.

But this is simply my theorizing. logically speaking, a gyaru and a non-gyaru are just as likely to be promiscuous as the other, in the main cities, because it is the culture at large that has been impacted, not a specific group.

A bit off topic: I would honestly suggest that if you visit japan, avoid those two cities, especially if you're a female, and don't want to be groped/molested, while the rest of japan treats it very seriously, for some reason tokyo and kyoto are lax on it, and you will be punished if you do something about it. had a military friend work there for a while, and the police wanted to go after him for hitting a guy that was molesting a JK, it was only because he was in uniform they ignored him, where as everywhere else in japan, that'd be fine, and he'd have been thanked for it.

That isn't a japanese culture issue, more an issue of what you get when japanese culture breaks down and gives into western influence (not the good kind), which those two cities have to a large extent.

Although this concept isn't unique to japan, and has more to do with desnser populations in a small area. (just that western influence is like adding oil to the fire, and social media to an extent.)

I don't know about the author's experience part, cause a lot of the romcom authors are females.

tldnr: gyaru + western influence in the main cities (tokyo & kyoto), giving the outcome where most there are probably also hoes, with the authors living in those places, you get the outlook that the two go hand in hand.

But it's not because they're a gyaru, instead it's because that's the norm for people in general. You're an exception if you haven't had many partners if any. (this is true of all westerns cities, and not uncommon for dense cities in general, a law of numbers kinda thing).

I'd say more because of western influence if anything to be honest. Cause gyaru's are of western influence to some degree, but also in highly western influenced places like tokyo, it's become more acceptable to be promiscuous and to cheat.

There were surveys with 20-40% have cheated taken from the main cities like tokyo and kyoto, which is despite it usually being suicide, as everyone would shun you, and you'd be legally liable for damages (male or female, doesn't matter).

So it could be an amalgamation of those two factors, where the author is probably in a densely populated place like tokyo or kyoto, with heavy western influence of promiscuity, so in those places it is common for gyaru's to also be hoes. where as city borders and outside, it'd simply be a style.

But this is simply my theorizing. logically speaking, a gyaru and a non-gyaru are just as likely to be promiscuous as the other, in the main cities, because it is the culture at large that has been impacted, not a specific group.

A bit off topic: I would honestly suggest that if you visit japan, avoid those two cities, especially if you're a female, and don't want to be groped/molested, while the rest of japan treats it very seriously, for some reason tokyo and kyoto are lax on it, and you will be punished if you do something about it. had a military friend work there for a while, and the police wanted to go after him for hitting a guy that was molesting a JK, it was only because he was in uniform they ignored him, where as everywhere else in japan, that'd be fine, and he'd have been thanked for it.

That isn't a japanese culture issue, more an issue of what you get when japanese culture breaks down and gives into western influence (not the good kind), which those two cities have to a large extent.

Although this concept isn't unique to japan, and has more to do with desnser populations in a small area. (just that western influence is like adding oil to the fire, and social media to an extent.)
i see ty, i learned a lot

Fed-Kun's army
oh look another shounen romcom featuring a manchild with absolutely zero redeeming qualities being given a popular, outgoing, and pretty girlfriend. Now he gets to live in a super saccharine relationship that he doesn't have to put any effort in to maintain at all.
Lotsa female done the "doesn't have to put any effort in to maintain at all." part irl (they can effortlessly get a mate because.. well, female.. lotsa men are simps too), so why won't anyone create the reversed gender version in storybooks lol.
It's a business potential.

Dex-chan lover
i see ty, i learned a lot
You're welcome.

Lotsa female done the "doesn't have to put any effort in to maintain at all." part irl (they can effortlessly get a mate because.. well, female.. lotsa men are simps too), so why won't anyone create the reversed gender version in storybooks lol.
It's a business potential.
A simpler way to put it, it's fantasy, so it sells. Why would someone, write something that happens every day, all the time, all around the world... especially in a male dominated space.

Might work as a light-novel, but they'd have to ramp up how much the dude does for the chick, while also not actually doing anything, cause the man doing something i a turn-off at the same time.
Would have to be a benefits by proxy kinda thing.

O wait... I just described 90% of these female lead webcomics.... Oops. But they're not an actual role reversal cause the man acts cold and reserved... doting... ah, well the father looking after his daughter ones has that... but well, that's not romance.
Maybe there are some LNs that have it? dunno, but it ain't popular enough to get an adaptation that does well.

Cause who'd it be for? Men don't want it, Women don't want it, so who actually wants to read, a man one-sidedly simping for a girl... No one, if anyone did, they wouldn't find a book about it, they'd go on the twitter or chats of a female twitch streamer :|

p.s. The true role reversal, ignoring the whole "gender-equality" bullshit, would be something like 50 shades of grey. i.e. dominant man, in a basically rapey way, but is still very macho, and not creepy at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread