Asahina-san no Bentou Tabetai - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
What?
That was my first reaction, when I saw the "End" tag on the chapter, but it didn't end too badly.
There were a lot of things left unexplained, but at least the ending was slightly tied up. It left me reasonably satisfied, in the sense of, I can live with this ending and move on. Some stories have such a shitty ending, that it makes it hard to not be butthurt. At least this story didn't go for +200 chapters only to end like this.

I doubt it will happen, but I hope the author can make a continuation to this story.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that MC pushes girl away so she can follow her path. Wonder if its also because he knows how damaged he is. Story needed longer to develope characters and add backstory for readers to connect with them. Overall Mid as the manga is now, maybe LN provides a better story.

Dex-chan lover
This series had a lot going for it, and I was was quite taken by the characters and the themes. Unfortunately a lot of the writing was clumsy and needed at least a couple more chapters to flesh some dialogue and characterization out.

Thanks for translating the series

Dex-chan lover
I'm calling bullshit on the fact airport crew just let her get that bento into the airplane and not throwing it into the trash right away.

Dex-chan lover
If this is truly how the series was supposed to end, honestly I am kind of find with a bitter ending like this. But considering I've heard there is a Light Novel out there I'll have to see for my self. Wouldn't be surprised if they just ran out of material to adapt, or just used this to get people to buy the light novel much like Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome and many other great reads like it.

Dex-chan lover
If this is truly how the series was supposed to end, honestly I am kind of find with a bitter ending like this. But considering I've heard there is a Light Novel out there I'll have to see for my self. Wouldn't be surprised if they just ran out of material to adapt, or just used this to get people to buy the light novel much like Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome and many other great reads like it.
If you do end up reading the LN please follow up to your post. I'd like to hear your thoughts on thr whole situation.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this was a weird one. My main problem with drama mangas is that authors want to make such a dark or fatalist situation that it becomes kind of not believable. I understand MC had to sell his body, but the fact that his friends know, support it, and it seems that they also work there is very odd. Specially since only MC is shown to have a fucked backstory. I understand that the whole thing is "I won't meddle with his life" or "If he is not asking for help, I won't force it", but still. And the fact that there wasn't a single adult who tried to offer help is crazy.

The other problem I see in this works is that while there are two main characters and there is supposed to be a parallel within their situations, more often than not, one of the characters outshines the other. Asahina is just there and disappeared at the end without feeling like we are missing something. While MC story is about abuse, depression and lose of one self, her is just "Being rich is aksuary 🤓👆 not that easy. I hate to pretend to be perfect while I am not, and I work hard too".

The one thing I do believe to be prefect is the length, it does not feel rushed and there are no episodes that feel like filler, only characters.

Man. It's just my opinion, but that ending kinda sucked. 5/10 series, I liked the characters, but the story and character development just didn't do it for me.

Dex-chan lover
@VtoW there's raws for another chapter up (extra?)

I saw it on the Bear website for Raws (iykwim).

Seems to show at least one panel finally explicitly confirming what kind of work they were doing exactly. I might be wrong because I just saw the panels/images without context or translations.

Users who are viewing this thread