Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World - Vol. 10 Ch. 59 - Asebi and...

Dex-chan lover
Wow, so like, just 3 named dudes died?

That freaking extra comic tho

Why'd they axe a manga with such an interesting plot line? The journey barely started and just abruptly ended.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
who is the short haired girl on the left on page 21? (besides tsukushi) : https://mangadex.org/chapter/669984/21

MD@Home
So, what exactly happened to the 8600 people in the end? I've read through it twice, but this chapter is incredibly vague. They were not woken up, that seems certain. But if they were brainwashed, what's the point of repairing basically every single robot in the series with its core intact to act as some kind of advocate for them if they, as individuals, are already dead?

What a weird way to end the series. The author can say what he wants (unfortunately there are cases when the manga was very obviously axed, even if they claim otherwise, like with Good Ending), but this manga was rushed to the end for one reason or the other. You can even tell almost exactly when the change occurred: it's around chapter 46, when the protagonists discover the secret robot island, but then immediately depart to take part in a huge, weird battle which was the first in the series to use humanoid modules as expendable "faceless enemies", even though there was a lot emphasis placed previously on the fact that they are pretty much people themselves. Remember when Gram shot the core of Dhalia (v1) and he was portrayed as a bitter man out for revenge? (Even though Dhalia did kill a whole lot of people beforehand.) After chapter 46, the robots suddenly started dropping like flies. In many aspects, the series gave up its own "heart" and morality the speed the story along, and honestly that is the part that I regret seeing the most.

Dex-chan lover
@pip25
I'm going to assume he just kept them in in the pods but suspended the brainwashing protocol. But they did name the island New Brandt island so maybe he plans to wake them up gradually, which is why he repaired the humanoid module that they absorbed the corrupted core last chapter. He did say he wanted him around to get a differing viewpoint that would be more inline with what the Brandt citizens would agree with.

Contributor
Still one more chapter left as a epilogue (?).

Btw, it wasn't a axed, just a fast ending like lot of others manga, when the author want to do something else.
Remember, it was this author first work since 2014, now he can maybe do another good story, or something else completely.

Contributor
@cgr I had assumed it was robo-Asebi, now repaired and with a new personality. Also a haircut I guess.

Dex-chan lover
If this series was a car trip: It had a smooth-ish start, lost speed after a couple chapters, then ran out of fuel after the first Lico arc so the driver had to get out of the car and push it from behind. . . But he somehow fucked up and pushed it from a cliff by accident with the 'shippuden' arc and everything afterwards was basically a free fall.

MD@Home
@Siquall
Does not make much a difference, honestly. Regardless of whether the publisher axed it or the author did not want to work on it anymore, the series got an ending that was a far cry from the quality it had for much of its run. I think that is a shame, no matter why it happened.

@Kikaibaka
That's a possibility, although if they really went with some kind of a third option you'd expect a bit more explanation than what we got. Then again, we got almost zero, so... yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread