Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World

Dex-chan lover
Nothing exceptional so far, one of those post-apocalyptic(?) sci-fi adventure manga, but a decent start. Apparently there are 9 volumes and it's still ongoing, which leads me to believe it is a decent manga. Thank you for scanlating.

Sky ships, floating islands, hints of mecha, robot waifu, post-apocalyptic(?), ancient technology(?), seinen?

I can only get so hard!

Dex-chan lover
Seems fun. Hard to tell from the beginning but it's enough to catch my interest.

This is the kind of "adventure" that should have been in that one anime from two summers ago that kept going on and on about ADVENTURE when they spent the entire time in the one city >.>

Dex-chan lover
Why dont they just mount 50. Cal gatling gun on every ship?

Dex-chan lover
@Jkoplo
It might make things expensive and heavy. Probably limited too since they're mainly floating islands so scraping and scavenging may be their thing to circulate metal around. We haven't seen everything yet so that's a toss up.

Dex-chan lover
Floating islands, skyships, dragons, ancient advanced civilizations and more... The author made a manga just for me ?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamed
If a 20 mm Vulcan can be mounted on prius. Why not an airship? With smaller 50. cal.

Dex-chan lover
@Jkoplo
I'm not sure why're you're insistent on arming all ships when the manga hasn't played all of its cards. Out of curiosity, what is that you're imagining? Because I'm assuming you wanna go "america! fuck yeah!" on this fantasy setting where armored flying fish are a wandering threat that goes into populated locations. What are you basing this need on exactly?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamed
Nah man. I'm just proposing a better way of protecting themselves from the flying dunkleosteus. Instead of using bolt action sniper rifle, and hiring specialized person to operate it. And if they could make weaponized android, which can make force field. Why they didn't put much of their effort of building more effective weapon. Any big caliber machine gun will do the job.

Dex-chan lover
@Jkoplo
The android is not from their civilization. She's given by someone who comes from a much more advanced civilization that seems to be wiped and the map to where she's from is what our two protagonists are looking to get.

As for better protection, a fixed gun emplacement wouldn't help as much as a mobile sniper. Granted, the sniper could be taken out easily but you can say the same for the gunner behind the static defense position. I've stated that materials could be limited and their method could come from either salvage or mining. The islands can vary on metal deposits as such not all ships can carry machine guns or if it's even a thing in this world at all. If it's through trade, then it would be of the highest possible cost as the one selling it could be losing out on perimeter defense upkeep.

I wanna know why they have cannons that don't fire at these things though. I'm far more curious at what these are for when it hasn't been said that there is a looming war or it's mainly for treasure hunt defenses.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamed
Yeah. You made solid arguments againts mine. I still think the author should think more strategically, instead of only trying to make it looks cool. But, what's the point of a manga if it doesn't looks cool. Right?

Dex-chan lover
@Jkoplo
I think this is just setups so far and it would be explained later. It isn't really much about war and conflict assuming we're both have the same chapters that we've read here. So far it tells us about this destination these two protags have to go to and we're being fed in small amounts about its significance and history.

To me, this doesn't really look cool but rather it looks pretty simple and easy on the eyes. Conveying the story so that the reader can be immersed is like a plus to me so it doesn't really matter how it looks that I need it to be on par with Berserk or OPM.

Users who are viewing this thread