The love triangle in this felt moderately emotionally intense—somehow, it seemed much more reminiscent than usual of the sort of confusing shades-of-grey drama that actual turbulent relationships go through. If I didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for from the beginning (because of genre), I would have had a little difficulty getting through this. (Though I just say this as someone who dislikes real romantic conflict.)
It ends pretty amicably, though. I guess, seen from her perspective, this whole affair would be a slow, bittersweet and melancholic, giving-up arc.
The love triangle in this felt moderately emotionally intense—somehow, it seemed much more reminiscent than usual of the sort of confusing shades-of-grey drama that actual turbulent relationships go through. If I didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for from the beginning (because of genre), I would have had a little difficulty getting through this. (Though I just say this as someone who dislikes real romantic conflict.)
It ends pretty amicably, though. I guess, seen from her perspective, this whole affair would be a slow, bittersweet and melancholic, giving-up arc.
Four years late, but I completely agree with your assessment. I'm heavily biased towards BL myself and even I was routing for Ichita and Ayumi at the beginning. The conclusion was nonetheless satisfying and the characters were very cute. I'd like to imagine that Ayumi and Asakura ultimately found a happily ever after of their own too.
Finally a BL that takes time to develop the story, and shows the feelings appearing.
No hard angst, just a bittersweet tone sometimes, and beautifully refined art 💕
Regarding the first comment : shonen ai is not BL, but mostly bromance with a hint, a subtext, that may be interpreted as same-gender romance. Here, it's cleary boys love.
(don't go thinking that shounen ai = yaoi without sex )
Ngl at the start i thought i was reading a straight romance. I really liked how things turned, the character were pretty cute and the art was really nice and easy to read.