Ashita wa Ieru Kana

Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Messages
14
This is shounen ai right?? 😂😂

But broo finally something that warmed my heart. Come here for the yaoi tag but got something better. Thanks...
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jun 24, 2018
Messages
1,700
I mean... ehhhhh... it’s good. MC is kinda irritating though, but it’s still wonderful
 
Contributor
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
3,919
The love triangle in this felt moderately emotionally intense—somehow, it seemed much more reminiscent than usual of the sort of confusing shades-of-grey drama that actual turbulent relationships go through. If I didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for from the beginning (because of genre), I would have had a little difficulty getting through this. (Though I just say this as someone who dislikes real romantic conflict.)

It ends pretty amicably, though. I guess, seen from her perspective, this whole affair would be a slow, bittersweet and melancholic, giving-up arc.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
568
The love triangle in this felt moderately emotionally intense—somehow, it seemed much more reminiscent than usual of the sort of confusing shades-of-grey drama that actual turbulent relationships go through. If I didn't know who I was supposed to be rooting for from the beginning (because of genre), I would have had a little difficulty getting through this. (Though I just say this as someone who dislikes real romantic conflict.)

It ends pretty amicably, though. I guess, seen from her perspective, this whole affair would be a slow, bittersweet and melancholic, giving-up arc.
Four years late, but I completely agree with your assessment. I'm heavily biased towards BL myself and even I was routing for Ichita and Ayumi at the beginning. The conclusion was nonetheless satisfying and the characters were very cute. I'd like to imagine that Ayumi and Asakura ultimately found a happily ever after of their own too.
 
Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Mar 11, 2023
Messages
119
Finally a BL that takes time to develop the story, and shows the feelings appearing.
No hard angst, just a bittersweet tone sometimes, and beautifully refined art 💕


Regarding the first comment : shonen ai is not BL, but mostly bromance with a hint, a subtext, that may be interpreted as same-gender romance. Here, it's cleary boys love.
(don't go thinking that shounen ai = yaoi without sex :rolleyes:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top