Asmodeus wa Akiramenai - Ch. 29 - Leo and Eligos

Dex-chan lover
Why do mangaka try to give unrepentant assholes a sympathetic backstory? Just because it worked in mainstream shit like Naruto, doesn't mean that lightning will strike twice, especially not when the character's only defining trait is "he's an asshole"

Aggregator gang
Sadly for us author decided that MC is and will always be a pussy. Once he gets the ring back and has the time, motive, and power to kill this shithead author tried to make us sympathetic with he will, lo and behold just forgive him for what he did and release eligos from the ring so that the shithead can have his happy ending (which will probably last little since he keeps using the ring for now). And this will only make the demons fall more in love with MC. Trust me. CALLING IT ALREADY.

Wow. Sad sad story. I now feel SO sorry for him.
God, is stabbing really the first solution you thought of ? Couldn't you have just... I don't know ? Ask for Eligos to be released or some shit.
Can we be done with this arc already, it's really stupid at this point

Aggregator gang
so you wanted the ring cause you wanted the waifu, but instead of noticing that the ring's owner is FREEING THE DEMONS and just asking him to free your waifu demoness while he's at it, you instead try to murder him and steal the ring, thereby pissing off pretty much every other demon who has had contact with MC? wow such smarts to teach yourself lost magics and earn your way to Japan and yet still so so stupid...

Dex-chan lover
lol I knew this series wouldn't amount to much, but this arc has been terrible to say the least.

Supporter
So - he's still a murderous stab-fiend.

BUT - I do empathise with him as Eligos has been nothing but kind and loving towards him, even when his own family turned their backs on him. And I'm quite glad that he has a bit more backstory as a result, because people aren't just born evil, and smol Leo is proof of that.

It's such a shame that he's become so blinded in his quest to keep Eligos by his side that he hasn't comprehended what Ritsu is trying to achieve.

I hope that he'll fogive Leo and allow them both to live their lives out together, because lovely fluffiness.

Dex-chan lover
Lol people ITT bashing Leo like it's his fault. Dude was abused and shunned since childhood, what do you expect? How would you think he'd grow up to be? Of course he'd be a little wrong in the head. His family is the real shithead here.

Double-page supporter
@Xystus Understanding why someone does certain things isn't the same as excusing their actions. Leo is still responsible for the harm he's caused.

Dex-chan lover
Eh you don't want the other owner stealing your demon but you did it to him, talk about selfish.
And why author feels obligated to give a backstory to their antagonist actions. It didn't.
It works differently if he is desperately attacks Ritsu to get Eligos released from the ring (which he would do in a heartbeat btw) but all his actions so far are excessive so no sympathy to him.
Heck, dantalion could make him lose the ring last chapter instead author just let him get away.

Mc obtains the ring again and tells Eligos to kills herself epic style

Fed-Kun's army
So this entire thing could be solved by him just leting the MC release Eligos from her contract. You know, the thing he planned to do regardless.
Leo is still a dick dispite the attempt to garner sympathy with a generic sob story, since he still tried to kill him multiple times, dispite being shown no real hostility, and abused his power over Asmodeus just for the sake of it.

Aggregator gang
The ring should be worn by an ugly bastard and gangbang that demon girl in front of that cunt

Fed-Kun's army
yes yes sympathy for the antagonist's past blah blah blah

doesn't mean he shouldn't suffer the consequences of his present actions ;^]

Users who are viewing this thread