Asmodeus wa Akiramenai - Ch. 29 - Leo and Eligos

>tragic Backstory

yes, and? several billion people on this planet and you expect me to feel sorry for one out of those billions? Good joke

Dex-chan lover
Oh he had a sad past... cry me a river ! he still attacked our mc without honour or even trying to get info

This pisses me off, look I get the idea give them a tragic backstory so we feel sympathy, emotional manipulation using sympathy or anger to drive us to have to know what happens next, but you misplaced it. He is an outcast but found comfort in the ring, he was bullied by his family and others, makes sense why he's an asshole, he's irratic trying to reclaim his friend or love or whatever because he is under the assumption that all owners of the rings are evil or some shit, or he wants the ring anyway so he can talk to Eli, I get it, but you can't expect sympathy with this direct contradiction.

Jiho in lookism is someone that despite hating I understand personally, he's impulsive and prone to doing stupid shit, wishy washy, and has such low opinions of himself any time he can act to impress others he does, he isn't sympathetic in many ways as he doesn't exactly grow and transform from any point in time, but it makes sense for his character, as he has consistently fallen back on that pattern, unlike the loner from Facebook who got famous and then realized others cared about him, Jiho has no self confidence and is massively over compensating to the point of being impulse driven entirely, even hiding the evidence to ensure he didn't get in trouble and lying that his friends fought to the death, incriminating the two of them despite one only ending up that way because of him, he's self centered to the point where any negatives he sucks up and then any time he gets treated well he expects more and more.

Meanwhile this guy tries to murder someone, takes the ring, and tries to fuck the girl (despite apparently wanting another girl), therefore this is so bad it's downright insane, you cannot sympathize, you cannot even understand, because this establishes his dependence on Eligos and his love of her, so even though he's abused he has comfort in her, therefore when he fears someone is intruding that scares him, he doesn't seem to have interests in most others therefore him being upset demons were freed shouldnt matter as he has the one he cares about and enough to protect him and the ring, this is just annoying and trite trash to get us to feel bad, yeah it sucks but you realize his transition is a joke, someone isolated risking his only friend and love because of the ring would be inclined to be scummy and attack because of the weight, but he wouldn't his use of the ring reflects a different character than what is established,

Basically this is trash writing where it doesn't make sense for any of his actions and therefore is annoying and not even filler, it's an error. This shouldn't have been written, because his actions so far have been nothing short of scummy, and not just him being a dick because he wants the ring but him more or less trying to ruin the life of the guy who got it (which in theory makes sense as he might blame him for taking it or w/e) but in execution makes him seem like someone he isn't and likely won't be

It's a shame I have no way to harness the concentrated edge in this comment section, it would save me hundreds in razors.

Dex-chan lover
To paraphrase Andy Samberg's character from Brooklyn Nine Nine: Cool Motive, STILL attempted murder.

Dex-chan lover
What a terrible enemy. I'm sure he'll survive ritsu will break the contract and they'll live happily until he dies a couple years later due to heart damage.

Wnf

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax
Id give him like a year at best because hes going to stupidly and stubbornly fight because he thinks he is "Gifted"

Dex-chan lover
so basically if the MC just releases her from the ring's contract we can just ditch him and everything will be fine?

Dex-chan lover
Oh? Trying to make him sympathetic are you? Doesn't matter. This bastard could die for All I care.

Users who are viewing this thread