Assassin's Pride - Vol. 7 Ch. 39 - Reunion

Dex-chan lover
@Cheesenachos if only i knew what? Stuff from the light novel? Way ahead of you there. I just try not to spoil things in my comments and only make comments based on whats already been presented in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal ok well
Melida's father isn't actually cruel, he's just not sure how to interact with his daughter since the death of her mother so he defaults to emotionless which is perceived as cruel. this doesn't excuse his neglectful behavior mind you, and part of the reason he is cold towards her is cause he suspects she is the result of an affair.
also
Melida might in fact be her fathers daughter, its just that sometimes a rare genetic defect can make a child not inherit their families mana. this is so rare that its virtually unheard of but there are cases of it happening, and in fact melida and kufa meet such a person later down the line.
and also
Melida eventually finds out about Kufa being a dhampir and accepts him for who he is, shortly after that they become lovers.
and additionally,
Mule isn't actually out to get melida, she is just targeting her to go after Salacha's brother who is in actuality cursed by The Night where Kufa was born and who is trying to undermine the current system of government. She is trying to get close to him to expose him and Melida's precarious position is a great way to do that. After his story arc shes actually gonna become good friends with the angel siblings.
and finally
Turns out Melidas father has ancestors who were samurai class which is later the conclusion he comes to about why her class is samurai and not paladin. We know its because of Kufa but coincidentally she could have inherited the samurai class from her father instead of paladin so it all works out nicely.

@wilddeath not necessarily. The anime has progressed beyond here. Dunno why. But still, we already knew that they are part of of the revolutionist faction and earlier they are shown scheming something. Obviously they are planning to disprove her even more with this incident. (Not a spoiler)

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath Thank you so much for the spoilers! 😀 A few questions:
What curse does Salacha's brother have? How did he get it in the first place?
Why is Salacha's brother trying to undermine the current system of government when he's at the top of the government?
Does Mule have feelings for Kufa? She hinted at this when Kufa pinned her down thinking she was Black Maida.
How long do we have to wait before we get to see more of Flandor and the night world?

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal

So in order:
1) He and salachas entire family, except her cause she was too young to fight, were cursed to turn into lougarou's (super powerful werewolf beasts) because of a battle they took part in before the story started. I forget the timeline but they don't have a lot of time left and soon salacha will be the only dragoon class holder in existence. And since the lore of the world is that children inherit classes from their father, that means she will be the last of the dragoons as well.

2) That is actually part of the curse. It's not super clarified as to its specifics but basically it turns you against the system that opposes The Night and eventually turns you into a lycanthrope monster.

3) I would say no, she doesn't actually have feelings for Kufa. It's more that when he thought she was black medea he was quite... brutish with her and thats kind of her fetish and she misunderstood his intentions. When he backpedaled afterwords she decided to make him and melida her targets for teasing. It never ends well when she tries teasing kufa directly. The good news is that when things go COMPLETELY FUBAR in the kingdom she joins kufa and Melida in fleeing the kingdom for safety. That happens in i think volume 11. We still have a bit to go to get there.

4) Honestly its hard to track exactly how long it will take. The manga does skip over some things but goes super detailed on others so its hard go gauge how long it will take to get to the world building. I will say that the reveal of Rosetti as a person Kufa knew as a child and turned into a vampire (sorta) is probably coming up soon though.

Any other questions?

@Cheesenachos don't get me started on the hot mess that is the anime. they messed some stuff up and told some parts out of order.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath A few more. lol
1) You told me Salacha's entire family were cursed in a battle, but you never said how exactly they were cursed in the first place. Everyone in Flandor has been fighting the lycanthropes for hundreds of years, so wouldn't they have known all about curses lycanthropes could use on them and develop countermeasures against them?

2) Wouldn't a simple solution to Salacha's family dying be having lots of sex and making tons of babies?

3) Couldn't they just use the same trick Kufa used on Melida to make more dragoons? The duke families are the kings of Flandor. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't know about an secret organization that is supposed to be serving Flandor and by being leaders of Flandor -- them.

4) Where exactly would everyone go for safety when it is explicitly said that the only safe place is under the chandelier light of Flandor and spending lots of time in The Night Realm makes people really crazy and eventually turn into a lycanthrope?

5) Salacha's family turning against Flandor is explained by being cursed. What about the people that are helping them? There seems to be a lot of people that are in league with them.

6) Is Flandor really the only human city left? Who built it?

@wilddeath Yeah, I agree that the anime isn't that good, and the plot is messed up, and it's confusing as hell, but hey, at least they showed the main plot, and got a banger OP. And that is what I like about the anime. The others? Meh.... Not as much

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal OOOOOKAY here we go

1) Was a unique type of lycanthrope known as Immortal Pirate Lyncanthropes. Fergus Angel was the king at the time but the shicksal family lead the charge against them, without salacha cause again she was too young to participate. As a result they got cursed BY the night itself, still no explanation on whether The Night is sentient or someone controls it. My bet is vampires control it and/or created it.

2) No. Curse can be passed down to children, as it effects the targets very genetics, also he's very close to the point where he is going to die any way at this point. You would need to find someone willing to bear a literal cursed child, good luck with that. The curse also literally turns the person insane so i doubt that kind of logic would even occur to them since the curse makes them hate the system that would be aided by their blood to begin with.

3) You mean the super secret trick that has a 90% mortality rate/mutation rate? The super secret trick developed by Kufa's organization and kept secret on pain of death? That one? Kinda obvious why it wasn't used even if they knew about it. Plus that involves injecting the cursed blood into a new person. Plus if that trick actually worked often enough to be reliable wouldn't there be hundreds of paladins by now?

4) Good question! When the light novels answer that I will let you know! Also im totally sure that the whole "the only safe place is here where we noble families control everything" isn't at all false and was properly researched and not at all propoganda to keep the current system in power.

5) People are dicks? I am sure a coup d'etat in a system where bloodlines determine ones future are super unheard of.

6) Who knows! when the Light novels answer that I will let you know.

7) they fled the country at the end of light novel 11, currently the fleeing is still happening in light novel 12 which hasn't been translated so i haven't read it. I honestly don't know what happens past that point in the story yet.

8) Salacha absolutely destroys her brother in a fight to become head of her family. Which is good considering in less than 3 years she will be the literal last dragoon in the world and since the class of a child is only inherited from the male parent that will also make her the LAST dragoon in the world.

Any other questions?

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath Since you asked
1) If the entire family is dying real soon, is a 90% mortality rate/mutation rate really that much of a concern at this point?

2) I read a spoiler that said that Mule is just like Melida in that she got her class transplanted into her by her mother. Is that really true?

3) If Mule really did get her abilities transplanted into her, that means the head of another duke family knows about the procedure. Even if Salacha's family are insane, Mule's family are not. Couldn't they get Salacha to transplant her abilities onto others, like Salacha's future children and any volunteers?

4) What is Salacha's family doing now that their coup is successful? They ousted the people that were enemies of the night and now control the government. What's their plan now?

5) You mean the clumsy and extremely shy Salacha actually stood up to her brother and won the fight? How did that happen? Did Kufa train her into a killing machine like he did with Melida? I'm liking Salacha more and more.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal Hooboy. Getting into the territory of questions that haven't been entirely answered yet in the LN. So alot of what im about to say is my own theory based on what little information we have been given so far. With that in mind:

1) Yes, because again the procedure would pass the curse on even if it was successful. Plus as I said earlier they are kind of insane at this point. It's why salacha is the way she is, she's afraid of her own family. Poor girl really needs a break, i'm glad mule is her friend.

2&3) So mules situation is complicated for alot of reasons:
A) Mule isn't genetically the daughter of the La More family.
B)Her mother the duchess found her in some where technology capsule and adopted her.
C) Mule has the special ability to absorb other peoples mana, When her adoptive mother found her she donated mana/blood to the found child to save Mule which because of how Mule's special ability works allowed her to inherit her mothers class. It's not quite the same method Kufa uses which involves alot of dangerous chemicals. Think of the situation like a bone marrow transplant changing a persons blood type.

It's not clear what Mule's true origins are at this point, so no the La More family doesn't know about the secret transplant macguffin. Hell keep in mind that I am not entirely sure that kufa didn't spread his vampirism to melida when he did it.

4) Did I say salachas family was successful? I don't believe I did. I said that faction was successful. XD. Most of the reason Kufa and Melida flee is because in Vol. 10 the Jack Raven Guild officially gave the order to Kufa to kill melida and elise. He refused and was protected so long as Melida's father had power. At the end of the volume he lost it for various reasons so they had to flee for their lives. Mule went with them which is when we in volume 11 find out about her strange origins.

5) Right?! Salacha is only clumsy and shy in social situations. In combat shes a fucking beast. Mule doesn't think much about melida til after this arc cause again shes using her as a tool to fulfill her mission, fully expecting the better class salacha to destroy melida when they fight towards the end of this. Turns out Melida being trained by Kufa trumps special class skills XD. But yeah Salacha destroys her brother when they fight, and even removes one of his arms.

6) I know you didn't ask this but Salacha's brother Serge has a weird obsession with Kufa... its very odd.

Not sure how much more I can answer as we are getting near the end of my knowledge here.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath I'm winding this down, but a few more followup questions:
1) What exactly has Salacha's family done to her to make her afraid of her own family?

2) Isn't Mule's special ability exactly the same as the Diabolos special ability (absorbing other people's mana)? If so, doesn't that mean Mule was always a Diabolos class to begin with?

3) Salacha's brother is shown leading the reformist faction, so I assumed that he and his family were the ones leading everything after the coup. Salacha is now the leader of the family, so what exactly is going on with Salacha's family after the coup?

4) Weird obsession? I really hope I don't see any BL in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal ok...

1) You mean aside from slowly going insane, trying to overthrow the government they once served, and completely pulling a 180 degree turn on their personalities from before they were cursed? They have done nothing. Keep in mind she is still sane and isnt turning into a lycanthrope like her family is. They went from loyal loving people to cruel destroy the world by any means necessary people. Of course she is scared, but they are still her family so she follows them... until she doesn't (thank melida's influence for that)

2) Kinda? Mule is technically over 100 years old because of the weird capsule thing. We have no idea of her origins but she had the diabolos power to absorb mana but not the actual diabolos class from the moment she was found. Her origins are very unusual and suspicious and again were only recently revealed in volume 11. I assume with her kufa and melida fleeing the country for their lives that they are gonna explore this further. Especially since her capsule was found outside the "light of safety" provided by the city.

3)Serge may have been the loudest voice at the table but his family is not leading the coup. They just have the largest amount of influence and thus tend to be the ones whose plans are followed. Keep in mind that elise's caretaker is a member and shes technically a member of the angel family who have more influence than Serge's family. Once Salacha takes over her family its unclear what will happen with them from then on aside from serge very clearly being tried for treason (Minus 1 arm which makes him unable to be a dragoon any more).

4) I mean they don't go that far but i think the future lycanthrope in serge worships the vampire genes in Kufa.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath So...
1) I meant specific things done to Salacha herself. Like, did they abuse her for being against their plans to overthrow the government? Did they yell and isolate her for not being insane like them? Did they lock her up in her room or some dungeon until she behaved? That sort of thing.

2) What situation brought about revealing Mule's origins? No one told her anything about her being adopted for the longest time, so why now? Does it have something to do with where they're traveling? Is that where they're headed to now they've escaped the city?

3) Actually, why is Mule even traveling with Kufa and Melida when the execution order was for Melida and Elsie? And why is Elsie not traveling with them when she's so obsessed and clingy towards Melida and she's being targeted? You literally have to fight Elsie to keep her away from Melida and she lets Melida and Kufa travel far away... together... as lovers?

4) Oh, thank God there's no BL nonsense in the story. It's still odd how Salacha's brother even senses Kufa's vampire genes (consciously or unconsciously), but I guess it can be explained by The Night curse sensing its kin.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal

1) So just to be clear. Salacha loves her family, and was raised by these insane cursed people. She is very much an introvert and easily goes along with their desires. Hell if it wasn't for Mules influence (cause they have been friends since they were both little), she might be just as deranged as her family is. She goes along with them, until she doesn't, because she doesn't want to betray them.

2) Mule revealed it to Elise and Melida and Salacha while they were travelling in volume 11. Not sure what prompted it, will have to reread cause its been a bit. Edit: Wait nevermind i remember now. It's cause of a book she has that has forbidden magic in it that was found with her in the capsule. When asked where she got it she told them about her mysterious origins.

3) Sorry for not being more clear but Mule and Salacha are travelling with Melida and Elise at that point. They are doing so cause they are friends with the two girls and at that point have formed an official unit with them. They also know Kufa is a vampire cause he revealed it when he saved them FROM a vampire in the same volume they fled the city from. Pretty much at the point they flee the city everyone in the group is aware kufa is half vampire.

4) so the previous question probably brings up another question which ill try to cut off here: Yes vampires are involved in the plot to overthrow the government and its implied without downright being said that they are the ones behind the curse on salacha's family and the terrorist group trying to overthrow the current system of government. The vampires are not responsible, as far as i know, for the execution order on elise and melida though it would make sense if they are. Kufa's assassin guild gave him the order and he refused to follow through. That's all we know regarding that at the moment.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath
1) So you're saying that Mule knew all along that she was adopted and was given mana from her adopted mother?

2) But didn't Salacha have that fight with her brother to lead the family? If she's traveling with them, who's leading the family now?

3) How does Serge losing one arm mean you can't be a dragoon anymore? I thought they fly with their feet -- not their arms? He might not be able to fight well with a spear, but he can always switch to a one handed weapon like a sword.

Dex-chan lover
@DeadToReal Ok last one

1) I mean apparently so yes. She is insanely smart, i doubt it took her long to figure it out if she wasn't outright told.

2) You mean the family who are all turning into lycanthropes and by that point are criminals of the kingdom? By the time she leaves she is pretty much the ONLY member of her family that matters. There is no one to lead, at least realistically.

3) Dragoons don't wield spears. They wield lances. Those giant two handed weapons that typically are wielded by people on mounts such as horses. One handing them is impossible.

I know everyone is just now figuring out her class isnt paladin but shouldn't it have been a dead give away at the very begining. Since she uses a katana instead of the large ass greatsword(if thats the right name for it) . Is the samurai class like rare or something to wear no one would guess it at first especially since distance mana attacks like void fang and wind fang dont seem to be used by any one else. I still love this manga regardless but its a little interesting to think about. Also without being spoiled does the anime end where the light nove

Users who are viewing this thread