Astral Online - Maou no Noroi de Saikyou Bishoujo ni natta Ore, Saijaku Shoku da ga Cheat Skill de Chou Seichou shite Musou suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, I didn't mean to be translating this at the same time as somebody else does. Again, this was sitting untranslated for a while so I thought I could at least try my hand on it... By the way, is this your first project? I hope I didn't discourage you from further translating. Well, I just finished chapter 3, so I'm a bit further than this, but if you want, I could leave the rest to you. After all, the manga is 6 chapters long so far, so there's a bit more to do.

Oh no, I didn't mean to be translating this at the same time as somebody else does. Again, this was sitting untranslated for a while so I thought I could at least try my hand on it... By the way, is this your first project? I hope I didn't discourage you from further translating. Well, I just finished chapter 3, so I'm a bit further than this, but if you want, I could leave the rest to you. After all, the manga is 6 chapters long so far, so there's a bit more to do.
Please just keep going, you released yours first anyway.
That aside, the quality of this release is pretty terrible. The raws are unleveled physical scans while you can easily find good quality digital releases.
The font choice is awful, please find some actual suitable fonts, even if it's just something plain like Wild Words and the centering of the text could use some work.
Redraws are... non-existent. Whiteboxing is lazy and distracting, and not to mention redrawing isn't even hard with Photoshop tools- or hell, even plenty of AI tools these days.
TL wise, every instance of I that I found is uncapitalized (except when it's at the start of a sentence).
Checked the raws, the first bubble is "やっとクリアしたぞ・・・", no idea how you got to "I finally have it" but クリア is literally just "clear", as in beating or overcoming something.
Also no idea how you turned シャイターン into Satan. Even if you were to transliterate it, you would end up with 'Shaitaan'. Just by googling シャイターン you can easily find this wikipedia page. While the word does have similar origins, there's still a clear difference, otherwise the author would've just used サタン (Satan).

While I'd always prefer a proper TL, assuming you're still using (partial) MTL like you did for Savage Fang, I'll take a readable chapters over a sloppy half-assed one like this release.

Da faq is this clichè story.. A top tier game owner sends a personal envelope to their house to play the game and out of all people, mc get to fight final boss and almost kills her with 1 hit??? Ontop of that, he becomes a girl due to a curse??? What??? I like it.
https://tenor.com/nYJSPDNfYdp.gif

Last edited:
Group Leader
I know my translation sucks, as i said i am learning japanese. I didn't know about Shaytan, and cleanup is boring. @Selnarie you are okay to keep going, i was in the same spot as you, i just were mostly though my translation and wanted to actually finish since not finishing would seem a waste of the time i had used.

Dex-chan lover
I know my translation sucks, as i said i am learning japanese. I didn't know about Shaytan, and cleanup is boring. @Selnarie you are okay to keep going, i was in the same spot as you, i just were mostly though my translation and wanted to actually finish since not finishing would seem a waste of the time i had used.
I hate how much that other person shit on your translation. While it wasn't perfect, I personally found your work charming. The scanned pages, the font choice and that ending page just screamed of a beginner, but at the same time it seems like you had fun translating, and I'd hate to see that go to waste just because you had a rough start. Because I started out a very similar way, I just didn't share it publically. Since my style is barely mediocre right now, I don't think I'd be qualifed to give you tips, but if you do want to improve, there's beginner guides on scanlation on the internet. The one I used back then also set me up with a few fonts to use.

I can see how the Satan translation came to be, the word is close after all. The reaction to mixing them up was way too harsh, the Indonesian translation team did the same thing. Redrawing isn't my thing either, I'm using a really shitty laptop where I can barely differentiate between some colors and the awful resolution it has makes it hard for me to work precisely. There's no way it can run any kind of AI tools, and I don't have photoshop, either.

Please don't take this negativity too seriously. Translating manga can be a fun hobby, and a great way to learn languages is to combine that learning with something that's fun to you. I would really love to see you continue, but I do think it wouldn't be bad to look at some introductory guides on manga translation and take some tips other people can give you here and there.

Group Leader
I hate how much that other person shit on your translation. While it wasn't perfect, I personally found your work charming. The scanned pages, the font choice and that ending page just screamed of a beginner, but at the same time it seems like you had fun translating, and I'd hate to see that go to waste just because you had a rough start. Because I started out a very similar way, I just didn't share it publically. Since my style is barely mediocre right now, I don't think I'd be qualifed to give you tips, but if you do want to improve, there's beginner guides on scanlation on the internet. The one I used back then also set me up with a few fonts to use.

I can see how the Satan translation came to be, the word is close after all. The reaction to mixing them up was way too harsh, the Indonesian translation team did the same thing. Redrawing isn't my thing either, I'm using a really shitty laptop where I can barely differentiate between some colors and the awful resolution it has makes it hard for me to work precisely. There's no way it can run any kind of AI tools, and I don't have photoshop, either.

Please don't take this negativity too seriously. Translating manga can be a fun hobby, and a great way to learn languages is to combine that learning with something that's fun to you. I would really love to see you continue, but I do think it wouldn't be bad to look at some introductory guides on manga translation and take some tips other people can give you here and there.
If you are okay with simultaneous translation, then i am willing to continue translating. However if you feel only one should translate, then i'll stop. You are way faster and better than me anyway.

Dex-chan lover
If you are okay with simultaneous translation, then i am willing to continue translating. However if you feel only one should translate, then i'll stop. You are way faster and better than me anyway.
Sure. We can do it that way, simultenously. However, don't count on me being faster than you - I've got exams coming up and will become very inconsistant with releases or even stop them entirely for up to a month.

Group Leader
Sure. We can do it that way, simultenously. However, don't count on me being faster than you - I've got exams coming up and will become very inconsistant with releases or even stop them entirely for up to a month.
In that case i may be able to catch you or even go past you. I guess we'll see when the time comes

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo why the curse and why call it luzifer?
and yeah game mechanics are again a second thought it seems, so lets see where we go with this

Users who are viewing this thread