Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Flashback

Big thanks to the cool people over at Kingdom Italia for taking over the non-translation duties! Hopefully this'll help me keep things on schedule, though my sleeping patterns still need to recover, haha.

quite heavy, i dont know how to rate thjs manga
it sure is quite interesting though

Dex-chan lover
That was really smart of him to tell her exactly what to do for every little movement, like "use your right hand to hold the cup, use your left hand to turn the faucet." etc. When someone's having a panic attack, they often mentally shut down and even forget to breathe.

Dex-chan lover
Yokoi definitely has some background knowledge about her case or mental health in general. Either he studies psychology or he has experience related to things like these. I'm really interesting in reading more about these two.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh seriously I’m loving this more and more. I legitimately felt chills when she had a panic attack.

The whole bit with the eye contact was interesting. I’ve got Tourette’s, so I can sympathize with the difficulty in keeping eye contact.

It also annoys/frustrates me when I see people associate not making eye contact as a sign of autism, because there are cultures where keeping eye contact is seen as a sign of disrespect.

I’m interested to learn more about her family. Obviously someone there cares enough about her to call and check up on her. I would also be willing to bet that there was a reason she was locked in the dog kennel besides just for cruelty’s sake. Maybe it was a poor attempt by her parents to keep her contained during a violent tantrum? Or maybe it was to keep her locked up during the night so she couldn’t get knives or sharp objects to harm herself?

In a manga environment awash in isekai, harem, or rather blaise romances, it’s refreshing to see something like this.

Dex-chan lover
@Kneel_Breen Regarding the dog kennel thing, the backstory on that would be helpful. Until fairly recently, there hasn't been widespread awareness of atypical neurology like autism and Asperger's - it possible that the parents, like you say, were trying to address forms of behavior in the only way they knew how. Japanese culture is one where such behavioral abnormalities would be considered a source of public "shame" so families tend to not involve others, only getting outside help when desperate. We'll see where the story takes us. So far we have had a limited perspective on Saitou's family and her past.

Fed-Kun's army
It feels like he's dealt with situations like this in the past or maybe he's been studying up on her condition.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so he was the one with Autism as opposed to everyone else who thought it was her. Honestly, I think this makes more sense because she doesn't have autistic tendencies as much a depressive and anxious tendencies, (possibly even Bipolar Disorder with highs of mania and lows of depressive periods) with PTS relating to past experiences which causes her to make unwise decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread