Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - To Tokyo (Part one)

Double-page supporter
I fucking hate this manga, yet I'm still reading it.

It's too real.

Dex-chan lover
@magma6 yeah I agree a little, like I can't imagine how difficult and stressful raising a kid with these issues would be, but still this dude's a huge piece of shit imo, literally telling her to go kill herself to her face but just saying to do it in a way that's more convenient to him.

Aggregator gang
Fuck, this manga felt so real that it's hurt to read, but I really really love this. It's awesome

Dex-chan lover
@magma6 and @IsaacBai I do understand a bit her father's anguish but for what we saw, he doesn't try to at least comprehend her daughter and couldn't see that his actions made her "problem" a lot worse... For what we saw until now, The only one that really tried to do something effectively good to her was the MC. It would be nice if they encounter, MC and the Father, It would be a good way to confront and maybe help him see his mistakes...

Aggregator gang
Yep. This is a fair approximation of the experience of many people with ASD and other neuro-psychiatric disorders. I've had similar experiences myself.

Dex-chan lover
And this is one of the reasons why people do need to learn how to rise a child and how to set down a family. With in modern society, the amoung of psychological factors that plays in a person development are to complicated to aproach without a proper learning. Parents need to know basic psichology to start with. Most of the people think that philosophy and similars are useless, but the complexity of human behavior nowadays demands more that ever the understanding of this sort of knowlegde. In my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Karmichel Only in fiction. Well, this is fiction, but this tries to be realistic in a sense. It would be the best if Megumi and her old man met as little as possible for great many years. Maybe when the father's old and retired, no longer needing to worry about work and many other things, they could meet and try to talk about things or at least spend moment together. Nothing good would come out from Yokoi meeting the old man, though. At worst it might give Megumi new fears of Yokoi possibly siding with her abusive father because, let's face it, Yokoi is not an aggressive person, so he probably couldn't confront the man with too much weight and confidence. It's all the worse in a country like Japan where you are supposed to suck in all your negative feelings and bow with a smile on your face, especially in front of an older person. Megumi doesn't even understand that, so if Yokoi did it following the local manners, she might already be aghast.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme I’ve got a totally opposite feeling. He is a quiet person and doesn’t like fights, but if FMC would be frightened by her father’s presence and at the same time he would act rude or violent againts her -not necessarily with actions, with words is enough- I have the feeling that MC can lose it at least for a little for the sake and the urgence to protect her.
Being it a good or a bad thing; technically MC should act better than her horrible father...but who knows, maybe she’ll see him more “knight” than he already is.

Dex-chan lover
I really hate how people despise the different, especially psychiatric diseases... especially in Japan

@chusetto
Have you been to Japan?

It's more class thing than anything else. For example when it comes to ADD, middle class kids get treated, while poor kids just get branded "lazy" and "undisciplined".

This was a hard chapter to read. A lot of it is really relatable.

She isn't stupid, she just experiences the world differently, and she has to adapt to the world rather than the world having to adapt to her. It's so hard to be "normal" and "comfortable" when you just don't know what that even is for others.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme I get your point... The father didn't try to understand what a person with her "condition" needs, but this isn't a thing only in Japan though, this is worldwide, it is the education most adults had that this "sickness" of the mind are selfishness of the person in question, it is pretty much how he acts towards her, he sees what she is doing and gets mad and violent because she doesn't respond the way she should respond, as a "normal person" would do... To add to all that, her mother probably is totally lost too. This manga is clearly a public utility one, for us "normals" to see how people struggle, the ones with these conditions. As a mangaka, I would put the MC and father to confront (a person that is trying to understand VS a person that doesn't understand ) to really raise the awareness of the readers to these issues

Dex-chan lover
@kusei-are That's what usually happens worlwide... When I was finishing my degree, I had to look up to these situations in different countries

Dex-chan lover
Ow. Fucking ow.

And yeah; mental health has only recently made anything resembling strides forward in most countries and even then it's kinda horrendous most of the time. People with depression, on the spectrum, mental disorders and other mental problems can 100% live meaningful and happy lives. But they need support of all kinds to get there: financial, emotional, physical, etc. And most people feel like giving people the support they need to be on the same playing field as the rest of us is cheating or getting stuff for free that others had to work for. It's the selfish attitude of others that if they see someone getting something that they had to work for and they can't see the mental or emotional work people have had to make for it they get angry because people think it's not fair.

Well it's not fair to be born with asperger's. It's not fair to be 10 steps behind the starting line and no one is walking you over to the rest of the group. It's like tall people reaching the top shelf and a short person asking if someone could spare a stepstool so they can reach and everyone tells them to fuck off and try harder. I'm sure plenty of you have been told you're not trying hard enough or gotten shitty advice about what to do that doesn't take into consideration that getting up every day and simply EXISTING is overwhelming and takes all your mental and emotional energy. It's just...sad we have so much more work to do with helping others and every culture seems to be going through a regression of selfish people who want to make sure that people who need help never get it.

Can I have permission to beat her father's face in? No wonder Megumi's so messed up. Her father can't even bother to understand her, makes her out to be some scheming manipulator out to ruin the family for shits and giggles, blames her for everybody's problems, is completely unsympathetic to her, and even tells her to die. Yeah, if I had a father like that, I'd want to run the hell away, too.

Users who are viewing this thread