Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - To Tokyo (Part one)

Dex-chan lover
.......I'm looking at my childhood in a way...
Only without me being violent towards other people.
Never tried to kill myself either...

This chapter made me feel grateful for my situation so much more.

I have Asperger's and I had a lot of troubles growing up.

For example, putting my dirty laundry in the living room after being told to "take it out of my room" more than once.

Feeling stressed and panicked when the other guys in class was being rowdy and loud. Which I assumed was because of anger and a need for destruction.

Thankfully I've always had great teachers and loving parents to keep me under control.

My problems have always been mainly about communication. I struggle heavily starting a conversation and keeping it going is even harder.

Worst part is that I like talking, I love it when a conversation goes on for hours.

But now I'm so grateful that I'm not as bad as her. I can't even imagine how much worse it must have been for her.

I hate the mother

She reminds me a lot of my own mother in that she attempts to mediate or not take sides and just results in nothing changing because she is unwilling to stop the father

Dex-chan lover
I can understand that the situation is heavy for the father too, but it seems like he didn't give much of a proper shit when raising her, or at least never tried to understand her.

Dex-chan lover
Parenting is not a limited partnership, with the responsibilities of one parent somehow stopping at a halfway point. Each parent bears full responsibility, and one parent must act against any abuse by the other.

Double-page supporter
oof this one hits hard ;-;
i find some parts of her backstory so relatable, like growing up everyone used to call me "miss literal" because i would always take things at face value and could never understand the context of what someone said without them explaining it more :<
at least my parents didn't beat me tho damn her dad is such an asshole HE should be the one to go die in the woods smh

BCS

Dex-chan lover
You mean city of Tokyo? Or the 2004 crime novel?

Dex-chan lover
@Karmichel Unfortunately I totally fail to see anything good to realistically come out of the meeting, which is why I don't want to see it. It's a father who told his own daughter to disappear into some remote woods to kill herself so that her death wouldn't cause problems for him and the rest of his family. You think the socially inept MC would be in any position to affect such a man in a positive manner? It's the stuff of fairy tales that every problem can be solved with good effort and honest intentions. In real life there are people who, at least in their current period of life, simply couldn't care less and are impossible to change. Some problems are better buried and forgotten. Only outsiders can easily say they should be sorted out beautifully.

Honestly I feel kind of weird that while others talk about the parents my mind got stuck in how she wanted her teachers to be specific and how someone who thinks like her would do in programming where you have to tell all instructions with detail for the machine to understand.
Also is it just me that feel like a middle schooler hitting their classmates isn't strange at all? The thing with the teacher at home is a japanese thing right?
Also while the dad is obviously wrong the way the mom acts is really annoying for me like the crying when talking to the doctor. And if the dad feel like the hospital fees (for other kids) are too expensive why not spend money on trying to learn how take better care for his child so that she actually understands why it is wrong to put people in the hospital (mostly from a legal perspective anyway, some kids being beaten for being assholes I don't know how many would think it's wrong)?
What a long comment huh

damn i never know this kind of thing is a sickness. ive been having the same situation as her but not as bad as her where i have the tendency to not understad what is common and such. sometime ive been considered rude because my weird act but since im a quiet person and i dont have OCD nothing big ever happened to me. i will read this and some other article to know how to adapt to society since i have very small connection which make my work live harder.

Dex-chan lover
@theo1996 Is that you, Dazai?

CFJrC8z.jpg

Aggregator gang
I hate to be racist on this, but I’m in Japan and I have a physically disabled son who we highly suspect has some developmental disorder too. We took him for a test, but holy mother of god, their testing tools and methods were from the 70s.
The Japanese people do not believe in disabilities, let alone mental disability, as much as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread