Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 9 Ch. 74 - The Red City Part IV

Dex-chan lover
So the guy has to be on the brink of breaking, putting all his problems aside since chapter 1, to look after this girl, for this girl to actually to take notice and NOT drag the attention back onto herself for once. Holy Sh*t.

Maybe if this happened far FAR earlier I would have been more sympathetic with her character, as in she would have been more proactive about her situation, but it's like 3/4 into the series and I just don't have the patience for this girl anymore.

Dex-chan lover
So the guy has to be on the brink of breaking, putting all his problems aside since chapter 1, to look after this girl, for this girl to actually to take notice and NOT drag the attention back onto herself for once. Holy Sh*t.

Maybe if this happened far FAR earlier I would have been more sympathetic with her character, as in she would have been more proactive about her situation, but it's like 3/4 into the series and I just don't have the patience for this girl anymore.
I think he was putting his problems aside long before chapter 1. Before his whole reason for living was his writing. He thought that if someone else could feel the pain in his stories, if it reached someone who could relate, it would validate his being alive. He was not putting any effort into building a support network, connecting with others, or feeling good about his life. We can speculate an alternative future where his readers fall off and he ends up in a dark place. Saito is his reason, even if her trauma and her autism is confusing and frustrating and dangerous.

This story does not pull any punches. Life with autism can be really hard, and people will blow you off or bully you or ruin your job prospects because you can't communicate with them as they expect you to.

Users who are viewing this thread